My Equinox flooded today but ...

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would go to the creek today to do some metal detecting because of the heat. I took my Equinox 800 because I have a small coil for it. But after submerging the control pod in water a couple times it flooded and I got a ER 61 fault. But I was able to make some nice finds first.
A brass lighter ?
1933 chevy baby moon hubcap
And a very large caliber bullet [ head stamp saids RA 42]
IMG_2288.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2285.jpeg
    IMG_2285.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 22
Great finds - sorry to hear about your Nox !

If the 50 cal. round is live it can still go off - I've had it happen with 30.06 rounds we got off a 1918 shipwreck.
I'd either get rid of it or take it to a gun shop and have them pull the bullet off and dump the gun powder out.
The bullet fell off and I emptied the remaining powder. Took it to the State police down the street from where I live and the police told me to just dispose of it in my trash.

Attachments

• IMG_2287.jpeg
    IMG_2287.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
I just took a 20mm live round apart. I just grabbed the bullet with some plyers and twisted it apart. Dumped the powder and put the shell casing in my brass recycling bucket. It's not a bomb or hand grenade. It's not going to go off unless you hit the primer with the proper force.....and that assuming it's still sound and will actually fire.

I thought I would go to the creek today to do some metal detecting because of the heat. I took my Equinox 800 because I have a small coil for it. But after submerging the control pod in water a couple times it flooded and I got a ER 61 fault. But I was able to make some nice finds first.
A brass lighter ?
And a very large caliber bullet [ head stamp saids RA 42]View attachment 2093191View attachment 2093194
Nice!!! Congrats!!!! Sorry about the flooding😳

Nice!!! Congrats!!!! Sorry about the flooding😳
Thanks Digger RJ. Hopefully Minelab was able to fix the issue with the new Equinox & Manticore🤞

I'm loving that cool old lighter!

A brass lighter ?
And a very large caliber bullet [ head stamp saids RA 42]View attachment 2093191View attachment 2093194
Nice finds sucks this happened BUT this is why I just picked up a exterra pro. Beach mode runs multi frequencies. Ocean and I will meet soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back