My Dad...The Couch...And The Treasure!

Several years ago a friend of mine bought an old couch and found a baggie full of old watches and jewelry in it. It was stuffed up in the springs underneath it. People lose stuff in them and hide things too. Randyd

Randyd said:
People lose stuff in them and hide things too.
I wonder if it was stolen loot. :icon_pirat: Then the guy got caught for something else and got put away and he wasn't able to retrieve his stash. :dontknow: Makes for a good story.

Randyd said:
Several years ago a friend of mine bought an old couch and found a baggie full of old watches and jewelry in it. It was stuffed up in the springs underneath it. People lose stuff in them and hide things too. Randyd

Hey, Randy...

Great story! You just never know where the treasures are going to show up!! :thumbsup:

Ever since that day with my Dad, I've never passed up an old couch or chair without checking it out! Got some weird looks from people on trash day...on quite a few occasions!

Larry G. :)

cyberdan said:
Randyd said:
People lose stuff in them and hide things too.
I wonder if it was stolen loot. :icon_pirat: Then the guy got caught for something else and got put away and he wasn't able to retrieve his stash. :dontknow: Makes for a good story.

A possibility I hadn't thought of, Dan!

Larry G. :)

Indianhead Jones said:
Ever since that day with my Dad, I've never passed up an old couch or chair without checking it out!
Just be careful where you stick your hands. Might be old dirty needles inside.

I recall a news story about a couch find I heard in the early 1990's. IIRC, this guy saw an old couch on a curb waiting for garbage pickup and decided to check it out. When he went digging in the skirt he found a rolled up copy of the Batman #1 comic book from 1938.

OtakuDude said:
I recall a news story about a couch find I heard in the early 1990's. IIRC, this guy saw an old couch on a curb waiting for garbage pickup and decided to check it out. When he went digging in the skirt he found a rolled up copy of the Batman #1 comic book from 1938.

Whoa, that would be worth some money !!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back