My best silver coin hunts EVER! 15 silvers in 2 days! (plus more goodies)

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

Well, we just got back from a very long drive to Eastern Idaho. We went there for our neice's wedding. Lucky for me I decided to bring along my E-Trac in hopes of hitting a park that we've hit before several times years ago.

All I can say is "WOW"!!! The first day I went there with my nephew Shane for less than a 3 hour hunt ~ he watched me dig six silver coins . . . . 2 rosie dimes, 3 Merc dimes, and a 1912-D Barber Half dollar! Plus several wheat cents and some clad.

On the 2nd day I got to detect for about 4 hours ~ I ended up with 7 more Merc dimes, 1 Rosie dime, '44-s silver quarter, 2 War nickels, 1920 buffalo nickel, 1890 Indian Head cent, 1992 clad half dollar, more wheat cents, and a BULL DURHAM 'charm'.

That's 15 silver coins!!! And 23 Wheat cents dating from 1917 to 1951.

I'm not sure when the next time I'll be over there in Idaho, but I'll make sure to bring my E-Trac with me to hit it again!

My silver coin count is 92 now for the year! Only need 8 more to hit my goal of 100 for the year . . . . . and it's only mid JULY! Last year I dug 102 silvers coins, and in 2008 (my best year ever) I dug 104 silver coins . . . . . I'm in good shape to break that record in 2010!

THANKS for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• JulyIDAHO1.jpg
    JulyIDAHO1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,706
  • JulyIDAHO2.jpg
    JulyIDAHO2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,714
  • JulyIDAHO3.jpg
    JulyIDAHO3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,700
  • JulyIDAHO4.jpg
    JulyIDAHO4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,701
  • JulyIDAHO5.jpg
    JulyIDAHO5.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,708
  • JulyIDAHO6.jpg
    JulyIDAHO6.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,692
  • JulyIDAHO7.jpg
    JulyIDAHO7.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,691
  • JulyIDAHO8.jpg
    JulyIDAHO8.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,698
  • JulyIDAHO9.jpg
    JulyIDAHO9.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,693
Upvote 1
OMG! Way cool dude. :headbang: I would be lucky to find just one of those.

kippero said:
Ok I have to take the credit here somewhere its my daughters wedding and I introduced Neil to this park years ago my son witnessed it and I still cant believe it when I got home I had to check in over ten years of detecting this park I got 20 silver dimes oldes 1891 seated 1 silver quarter 2 indian cents 3 war nickels one buffalo and two V nickels in seven hours Neil almost done better I wanted to take my new E-Trac and try it out but no room in the car full of wedding stuff. in 1998 I had just got my XLT and I have to admit that park with the newest detector is a little bit like a kid in a candy store. But then again Neil your the best at getting the good ones thanks for yopur support for the wedding I have the best family Kip

THANKS my brotha KIP!

Yeah, I must give you a lot of credit here ~ if it weren't for you I'd never even have heard of that Park! But now with you guys living in Oregon I never thought we'd ever take that long trip back there ~ but Dez getting married was the perfect excuse to go again! We had a great time ~ we do have the best family in the world ~ we have a lot of fun together!

But next time i'm flying there!

8^)

Way to go on shredding that 100 silver mark.

I think way back in January that I predicted 100 coins by July???? I'll have to dig through my posts, but if I'm right, I think I deserve a prize.

That Barber half will do nicely. :wink:

MP

mountainplayer said:
Way to go on shredding that 100 silver mark.

I think way back in January that I predicted 100 coins by July???? I'll have to dig through my posts, but if I'm right, I think I deserve a prize.

That Barber half will do nicely. :wink:

MP

THANKS MAN!

Yeah ~ it's so hard to imagine keeping up these numbers on the silver coin finds ~ I'm expecting that there won't be any more to find someday . . . . . luckily that day hasn't come yet!

8^)

Absolutely awesome, great hunt Neil :icon_sunny:

Congrats,

That is a great haul man. I have one of those bull durams. Funny how when you go to different places they aren't hunted as hard as your own parts. I bet you would have liked to stay longer.

HH Jer

Hey Neil!! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

Man, I thought you brought back one of my old posts! :laughing9: ;D

Spectacular silver counts from you!! This year will be your record year. Just keep having fun, and enjoy all your old coin/relic/jewelry digs!! You've really got that E-Trac dialed in now. You buying that Explorer from Ron (a couple years ago??) was the best decision you ever made in the hobby!

Congrats!
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn SE said:
Hey Neil!! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

Man, I thought you brought back one of my old posts! :laughing9: ;D

Spectacular silver counts from you!! This year will be your record year. Just keep having fun, and enjoy all your old coin/relic/jewelry digs!! You've really got that E-Trac dialed in now. You buying that Explorer from Ron (a couple years ago??) was the best decision you ever made in the hobby!

Congrats!
CAPTN SE
Dan

THANKS DAN! It's good to hear from you!

Yeah, going with the Explorer was the best decision! Now using the E-Trac is even better! SO FUN!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back