Multiple Silver Coins in one hole

silver01

Mar 13, 2005
Northern IL.
Hello all,

I have been detecting a old farmhouse for the last few weeks on and off, weather permitting. I have a Garrett Master Hunter 7 ADS, that I have used for a few years. I am now using the Garrett Ace 250 as of about a month ago. I was out for a few hours today at the same farmhouse and I received a strong consistent signal. Due to finding a 1962 silver quarter and a 1943 silver dime, I have been carefully digging plugs due to the recent finds and the age of the house. I took the plug out and had to dig a little deeper and finally had the signal out of the hole. The first large coin was a 1908 Half Dollar. After picking up my jaw I checked the dirt and heard another tone. The second coin was a 1909 quarter. After one more time there was a 1916 dime. All three coins were stacked one on top of the other like they were buried that way. I have not even washed the coins yet. The marks on the back of them is where they were resting on each other. I am going to gently wash them with mild soap and water and possibly a very soft toothbrush. I have heard this is about the only safe way to prevent any damage. I am also open for suggestions on cleaning them. I guess the part I am trying to say is for new people or anyone. Once you take a coin out of a hole don't assume that is all, double check just to make sure.

Thank You for reading and HH :)
Steve Northern IL

Attachments

• SilverFront2.jpg
    SilverFront2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 499
  • SilverBack2.jpg
    SilverBack2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0
Gorgeous finds, and definately words to live by. I've taken to resweeping a good radius around my holes having found several clad either in or very close to the same hole (pocket drops, I presume). Keep up the great finds; those guys are absolute beauties.

Nice finds!

Look to be in solid very good & fine condition from the photos,

probably a good $35 to $50 worth!

Find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

WOW!! Great coins and in great shape!! I'd almost be tempted not to clean them any more.
Just so i could show how they were in the hole. Great find!! HH

silver01 no more make that 03!way to go man!!!! :o went out to a few spots didnt do to hot you smoked me!

Congrats, nice digs. Sounds like you have a great site there. Let us know what all you pull out of there. Happy Hunting, Joe

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
< It's a good thing I wasn't driv'n ;D
WTG!

I am HIGHLY jealous!!awesome finds. i have found numerous multiples but not silver.some wheats but nuthin great like that!wtg!!

bigrig

Wow,

I have only dug two Barbers but they usually make me feel good for weeks after that. I could dig 1000 pulltabs and still feel lucky. Good job! There has gotta be more where those cam from!

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back