most unusual artifacts

Kalopin

Oct 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
436.JPG 439.JPG
these two items were uncovered from, what appears to be, a nearby spherule bed. Can you determine what formation processes, their origin and how this could occur? thanks

Horse Shoe and maybe a Bearing from a piece of farm equipment. Not naturally formed, man made for certain.

Upvote 0
Horse Shoe and maybe a Bearing from a piece of farm equipment. Not naturally formed, man made for certain.

thanks, I believe the round object may be a wagon-wheel end-cap [bearing]? yes, you're correct, they are man-made and rusty but they have some form of accretion. they appear to have been embedded with vitrified sand and impact melt rock. both pieces have been cleaned and scrubbed with an iron brush. what you see has been melted together and both the horseshoe and endcap are solid.

obviously rust will diminish an object, not add weight and volume, so how did these two objects come into existence?

wouldn't they have had to have been molten along with the sand and rock that have been formed into them?
how many and what form of natural processes would be able to reach such extreme temperatures?

these two objects were found at the epicenter of all the topography throughout the Mississippi embayment...
on satellite, go to 34* 58' 31.38N x 89* 24' 17.15"W -this should take you to a small field, just on the southeast corner of the central rebound peak. from this point, pan out to see a darker colored green, circular depression, extending just partly into Tennessee [pan in and out several times, it is quite vague at first, as there is some erosion and quite a bit of development].
Just to the east of where Mill Pond rd. and Early Grove rd. meet [which is inside the southeastern rim] is a white sand creek that, when followed up passed the Wolf river bottoms, to the west and back down passed the impression, will show this similar pattern extending out to the edge of the embayment.
Follow each river to the north, from the Mississippi river down through their valleys, through the state of Mississippi to view the larger waves from the shock. Draw a line down the middle of the New Madrid bend straight to north Slayden and study the lines in the topography, showing the angle, direction and force of a meteor impact that occurred on December 16, 1811. [No, I kid you not!]

Please go through and study all the evidence for these events. Once you have been through all the original accounts, Herschel's observations, observable geography, satellite views, all the impactites and the man-made objects covered in melt rock, I believe you will come to the same conclusion. [is?]The entire Mississippi embayment is the design of an astrobleme...
have this research peer-reviewed, determine its accuracy, please feel free to inform me of any inconsistencies and, if you find this to be factual, will you please help to correct our science and history? [this needs your help]

If you would like a real investigation, then I invite you to give all this study, there really is a whole lot more -have fun!;-]
Mississippi Embayment Astrobleme [please pardon some of the rhetoric]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you're reading way more into this than what meets the eye. They look to be just your average rusty iron that's been in the ground for a while. Depending on the mineralization and ground moisture, iron oxide will form into all types of clumps, both hard and soft.

Upvote 0
I think you're reading way more into this than what meets the eye. They look to be just your average rusty iron that's been in the ground for a while. Depending on the mineralization and ground moisture, iron oxide will form into all types of clumps, both hard and soft.

there's actually a small rock sticking out from the endcap and it has vitrified sand as well, that is covered in the oxide...and must consider the time frame that horseshoes first appeared in north America 17th century?...and then this design, 18th century? would it have had enough time to collect this amount of accretion?
really though, it is where they were found and what they were found with- impactites of all kinds. I hope you can take a moment and study some of the rocks from this area- Wix.com Kalapins Legacy created by koolkreations based on Blank Website | Wix.com and see the pdf entitled "A Few Comments on 1811" some of what I believe may have occurred...

437.JPG 440.JPG [other side]

Upvote 0
The horseshoe has some text at the top of it, which may be legible with a few whacks of a hammer. I suppose this might answer some questions.

Upvote 0
Kalopin:
The way it got there was density. When it settled on the surface it migrated down by gravity*to the level that it was comfortable at or something blocked it. That's IMO how it got down there.

Upvote 0
The masses are called concretions. Yes they do add volume to an artifact made of iron. Often times making them indistinguishable. Larger concretions are just heavier concentrations of rust that have solidified into a mass that may take away from the artifact when undergoing conservation, I call it cancer. Yes I find shell and all sorts of debris in these concretions when doing electrolysis on them, basically if it was next to the buried artifact when it went into the ground, then the mass of concretion takes it in to its web of destruction....until the finder takes control and removes it.

DSC09980.JPGDSC00123.JPG

Upvote 0
Like already described above, there are too many factors to determine the rate that ferrous metal will oxidized in an uncontrolled environment. With that out of the way I think the corrosion was accelerated by the brackish waters of the Great Lower Mississippi River, salt does a job on ferrous metals.

Upvote 0
The horseshoe has some text at the top of it, which may be legible with a few whacks of a hammer. I suppose this might answer some questions.

Oh you've hit the nail on the head.

I'd whack the suckers with a hammer a few times to clean off the crap, then again the horse shoe is the only thing that I'd spend anytime on cleaning up. Damp sandy loamy soils will encrust iron in a few decades, thinking it something else-well it's just not there as others have stated-sorry. Many times we all read more into a find than what it really is, then after studying the piece it becomes clear what it actually is, and what we had thought in the beginning seems sort of funny sometimes. Been there done it many times thinking something is something out in the bush or fields, then pulling it out later cleaning it up and it isn't even close to what I thought in the first place.

Upvote 0
thanks everyone for the excellent comments.
it is my belief these two objects have been through a meteor impact...

for those who may want to further investigate-
the 'pot of gold' will be an immense treasure, a wealth of knowledge... ;-]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd say not from a metero strike. Iron is formed/molten at 2,750°F as part of the regular foundry process. It would have distorted if subjected to a large impact event, and would take a LOT of prolonged heat. Glass only needs 900°F, quartz 1,650°F, and if it was new iron at the time the sand (but it takes more than sand to make glass) would have formed a crust and the iron underneath would have been protected from air.

Actually, rusty iron weighs more than pure iron because the Fe molecules pick up oxygen to become FeO or Fe3O4. Also expands and takes up more space - as your rusty objects show. No evidence there of heat or impact. Just rust.

Upvote 0
IMG_3281.JPG IMG_3282.JPG IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3293.JPG IMG_3289.JPG IMG_3309.JPG IMG_3243.JPG

just a few of the rocks found in this area...
can you determine their origins?
common concretions?, or impactites?
please go to my site, study all the information, study the satellite views real close and let me know what you think...
thanks

Upvote 0
I recognize the horseshoe and someone with an axe to grind.

Upvote 0
I recognize the horseshoe and someone with an axe to grind.

would you like history and science to be accurate?
put together a study group and go through all of my research...
extraterrestrial forces have not had consideration...
so, here's your chance!;-]

Upvote 0
You think the horseshoe was of extraterrestrial origin?

Or some poor teamster took a meteor up-side the head?

Which "history" or branch of science did you have concerns with?

And I just know I'll be sorry for asking.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back