Attachments

• thingy.jpg
    thingy.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 556
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
BioProfessor said:
It iS a cup/cloak hook. Or at least of the 50 or so I have found have all been IDed that way. It's Georgian in period.

Daryl

only 50, I lost count of the damn things :D
Right angled Pipe Tamper :laughing9:...good find :laughing7:

SS

I knew you'd said something like that when I clicked :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I was going to say it but I thought I might get :violent1:

Upvote 0

SS

It works for me. A right angled Pipe Tamper aka Cane Top Tamper. The iron screw must have held another flat piece to the bottom. Now you can pack your tobacco, then screw the tamper to the wall to hold your coat and or cup! LOL
http://www.ramshornstudio.com/tampers_4.htm

Breezie

Attachments

• CaneTopTamper.jpg
    CaneTopTamper.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
BioProfessor said:
It iS a cup/cloak hook. Or at least of the 50 or so I have found have all been IDed that way. It's Georgian in period.

Daryl

only 50, I lost count of the damn things :D

SS

I knew you'd said something like that when I clicked :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I was going to say it but I thought I might get :violent1:

I thought SS would recognize that pic when I added it :laughing7:

Upvote 0
As a right angled pipe tamper expert I have to point out the obvious mistake. This is actually a rare left angled pipe tamper with the picture taken from the other side :tongue3:. A very nice find :icon_thumleft:, the left angled pipe tamper is normally found in cartwheel rich enviroments ;D.

hammered

Upvote 0
hammered said:
As a right angled pipe tamper expert I have to point out the obvious mistake. This is actually a rare left angled pipe tamper with the picture taken from the other side :tongue3:. A very nice find :icon_thumleft:, the left angled pipe tamper is normally found in cartwheel rich enviroments ;D.

hammered

Interesting! I have a left angled pipe tamper, but am yet to find a cartwheel.

Upvote 0
shaun7 said:
hammered said:

hammered

"Where there is a wheel there is a way" to miss-quote a famous saying ;D.

Upvote 0
hammered said:
shaun7 said:
hammered said:

hammered

"Where there is a wheel there is a way" to miss-quote a famous saying ;D.
:laughing9:

Upvote 0
Great call on the hook and it definitely resembles item 4 on your chart, Daryl. Georgian/Federal also fits into the period of other relics found in the zone. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back