What are the Top 5 Tesoro detectors?

Picking your brain: Is there any difference in the black and gray Vaqueros/Tejons or is it purely a cosmetic difference?
Cosmetic. Some claim there is a difference but the circuitry is the same.

Attachments

• TesoroGold 001.jpg
    TesoroGold 001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • TesoroGold 002.jpg
    TesoroGold 002.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 2
  • TesoroGold 003.jpg
    TesoroGold 003.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 2
  • TesoroGold 004.jpg
    TesoroGold 004.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 2
All I can add is I have a gray Vaquero and a Black Tejon two of the quietest detectors I own on the Ground I detect I love both, both very lite also, Vaquero is the lightest of the two and that's only because the vaquero runs on one 9 volt battery and the Tejon takes 8- AA batteries

The Vaquero and the Tejon both very good Beep and Digs

All I can add is I have a gray Vaquero and a Black Tejon two of the quietest detectors I own on the Ground I detect I love both, both very lite also, Vaquero is the lightest of the two and that's only because the vaquero runs on one 9 volt battery and the Tejon takes 8- AA batteries

The Vaquero and the Tejon both very good Beep and Digs
Have you ever used a Cibola?

I think my vaquero Is the best machine I have used when I really learned it I had great success I dug a trime at least 6 or 7 inches just learning to set the machine right for the conditions at the place I was and proper swing speed I got much better and had a great time find great things I might have missed before

I think my vaquero Is the best machine I have used when I really learned it I had great success I dug a trime at least 6 or 7 inches just learning to set the machine right for the conditions at the place I was and proper swing speed I got much better and had a great time find great things I might have missed before
These people that keep pushing all these newer detectors and telling people how the older analog and single frequency detector are obsolete in my opinion are totally wrong and off base and miss leading the newbie, and have never actually used a older beep and dig like the Vaquero or the Tejon and there are a few more I own that are just as capable, those that keep telling everyone that those older detectors like the Tejon and the Vaquero are obsolete, in my opinion they have an agenda, just because they state these older detectors are obsolete does not make it so.

Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited:
In my opinion any one new coming in to detecting those new people should start out with a beep and dig and actually learn how and what detecting is actually about, they would become much better detectorist all around, quit relying on a stupid target ID and start listening to the tones on a beep and dig and learn what the detector is telling you, not only that but also learn how to ground balance a detector properly, in my opinion a new person just starting out in this great hobby would be a much better and well rounded detectorist if they would take that route instead of thinking they need the latest and greatest that these You Tubers are peddling.

just my opinion

Are you power balancing your Vaquero if not you should try it, it does give the Vaquero and the Tejon a bit more depth, I also power Balance my Troy Shadow X5 to increase the depth it gets, I can not tell you why it works or how it works but it works, it is also very simple to do

I will see if I can find the link that I used to learn how to power balance my beep and digs and post it here for you

Here is how you power balance the Tejon and the Vaquero

ground balance in all metal as normal then
with the disc level set as low as it goes out of all metal and with the sensitivity set as high as possible,you bob the coil up and down and reduce ground balance adjustment very slowly as your bobbing the coil ,at some point as you reduce the gb setting(toward the negative)you will get a "beep" as you lift the coil from the ground then "stop" adjusting gb
then start to bob the coil again and very slowly increase gb setting(to the positive) just to the point where you eliminate the beep on the uplift.

you are now power balanced and will have the best depth of detection and response in discriminate mode possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back