More Fun but NO Excitement with the Police!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So much fun!! I come out of the water to two Detroit police officers on shore. I am thinking, NOT AGAIN! Saw they had Harbormaster badges also.

Asked me if I was bottle hunting. I said no, gold and silver. Asked if I found any. I said no gold just silver. Said have a great day and THAT WAS IT!!

Didn't ask my name, didn't tell me I was illegal NOTHING. Strange.

Anyway, another quiet day and few targets. I haven't found another pocket of anything out there recently. I know I didn't get it all. The muck is just too thick before I hit gravel in a lot of places. Over a foot thick.

I did get a 1944 merc, a 1943 war nickel, a 1941 Jefferson and a 1944 wheat. Four beach locker tags a couple swim buckles and another woman's water shoe. I also found a different kind of hammer.

Upvote 27
Bottles? Are they against you taking TRASH out of a river??? Must be Democrats.

Bottles? Are they against you taking TRASH out of a river??? Must be Democrats.

Since it is illegal to dive the river, bottles might not be the thing to collect. I think I could get away with it but not pressing my luck!

Ah ha! In Maryland it's illegal to do much of anything but pay taxes.

Interesting story and finds - thanks for sharing!

Nice story. I have a luck to meet the police while digging three times.... First time was great when six cars came with special forces in full ammunition...guns and so on. One teen guy called them thinking I had the knife . Lots of memories and adrenaline ....hahaha

First time in to years i got booted from a park yesterday. Al tho he was a city employee in a city truck, He still had a badge.

Seems like the cops were just interested in what you might have found, there's definitely bigger fish to fry in Detroit. Cool recoveries! I'm looking forward to all your finds this year in the underworld of MDing.

Glad you didn't get hassled! Great Blacksmith hammer.:skullflag:

keep-up-the-good-work.jpg

When I was on the street, even before I got interested in MDing, I'd ALWAYS stop to see what diggers had found. Just fascinated the He'll outta me. 👮

Nice finds! I really like the locker tags, very cool!

Seems like the cops were just interested in what you might have found, there's definitely bigger fish to fry in Detroit. Cool recoveries! I'm looking forward to all your finds this year in the underworld of MDing.

I think not. They parked on the road with their lights on and walked down to the water. I think they have been forewarned about me. I could be wrong.

Since it is illegal to dive the river, bottles might not be the thing to collect. I think I could get away with it but not pressing my luck!

Why is it illegal to dive in the river?

Why is it illegal to dive in the river?

I was told because it is an active crime scene. So all the weapons in there cannot be found by recreational divers. The city of Detroit made a law prohibiting diving by most folks.

Detroit Ordinance

Sec. 23-2-2. - Swimming and underwater diving; prohibitions.

(a)

A person shall not swim, bathe, or engage in underwater diving operations outside of buoyed and designated swim areas, except when authorized by the city police department harbormaster.

(b)

This section does not preclude bona fide commercial salvage diving operations, and emergency and recovery operations by any law enforcement agency.

The river is an active crime scene?

Ah ha! In Maryland it's illegal to do much of anything but pay taxes.

Try livin' in the people's republic of Californicated. We're the sanctuary of Starbucks biggest population of non paying, non customers.

Nice finds there Scuba!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back