More Fun but NO Excitement with the Police!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So much fun!! I come out of the water to two Detroit police officers on shore. I am thinking, NOT AGAIN! Saw they had Harbormaster badges also.

Asked me if I was bottle hunting. I said no, gold and silver. Asked if I found any. I said no gold just silver. Said have a great day and THAT WAS IT!!

Didn't ask my name, didn't tell me I was illegal NOTHING. Strange.

Anyway, another quiet day and few targets. I haven't found another pocket of anything out there recently. I know I didn't get it all. The muck is just too thick before I hit gravel in a lot of places. Over a foot thick.

I did get a 1944 merc, a 1943 war nickel, a 1941 Jefferson and a 1944 wheat. Four beach locker tags a couple swim buckles and another woman's water shoe. I also found a different kind of hammer.

Upvote 27
The river is an active crime scene?

Murder weapons tossed in there ALL the time.

There was a very long thread a couple of years ago where I got harassed by the Wayne county sheriff and the Detroit police and ended up with three citations. I guess it is buried where it can't be found now, at least by me. All the citations were dismissed and I have been left alone. Last year I saw the Detroit police 4 times but they never came and talked to me.

This year with their truck parked the wrong way on a one way street with their lights on and them coming to talk to me it is obvious they are still watching for others. I can dive anywhere in the Detroit river but I only choose to play in this spot so far. It was a public beach from 1909 - 1963. So far I have pulled over 450 pieces of silver and 53 pieces of gold out of it.

I have found over 400 of those locker tags. They set my machine off when they are deep just like half dollars, and I have pulled 22 halves out of there also.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back