Montana Jim intro and pics

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Hello fellow Treasure-netters! I’ve been reading and watching the board for a while now and been participating in the “What Is It” forum since last September. My time here is limited, so I spend most of it trying to help others figure stuff out. I’ve had the metal detecting “bug” since the mid 70s when my Dad took me with him to “poke around” at local school and church yards. I have Dad to thank for the hobby I love so much now.

I’m born and raised in (upstate) New York, and now live in Montana where Indian War relics are my current passion… and with permission to hunt extremely lucrative areas on private property; my hunting partner and I have great times digging year-round hoping for another button or artifact, and trying to keep the place a secret!

We also just received permission to hunt an entire ghost town that resides on private property and has never been hunted! The place was there for 25 years (1910 - 1935)… when I get the chance to break away I hope to tear that place up! (UPDATE: This place SUCKS)

Let me throw a salute to my brother TH’ers who are also my brothers-in-arms! I was active duty Air Force for over 24 1/2years and still enjoy service to my country as a civilian employee.

Other Hobbies: My Harley Fatboy, collecting Hofschneider Fishing Lures, and Mona Lisa.

Anyway… here are a few pictures… Riding with my Wingman & TH partner Tony, hanging out with my sister, and on the job at home and in Kuwait.

Attachments

• ride.JPG
    ride.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 5,225
  • gates.jpg
    gates.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 5,233
  • on the job.JPG
    on the job.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,230
Welcome to Tnet, Montana Jim! You have a great area to hunt there in Montana. I saw many likely sites on fishing trips to the western part of your state (didn't take my detector,darn it!). I TH in Idaho around where the war of 1877 started,but I dare not hunt those sites,for fear of the feds or tribe! Still,CW and Indian war artifacts do show up in odd places. Happy hunting Montana!

Hey, Jim—

Great pics and post! Nice to see the guy who's always scooping me on ID's!

All the best,
PBK

Now that's what I call a fantabulous mug shot post! Great pictures and great bio! ;)

Nice to see ya, Jim! :)

cool man welcome aboard
CAP THE HODGE

Thanks for the welcome crew... :)

And BTW PBK... I'm not here to scoop your IDs, your here to make sure I get them right!

Cool Pics Jim

Welcome to the Mugshots

Nice pics Jim. I am guessing you are SP not LE since they are phasing out the LE career field. When you get to 26 years you will have cought me. I retired in May and am loving civilian life more than I thought I would.

Farmercal said:
Nice pics Jim. I am guessing you are SP not LE since they are phasing out the LE career field. When you get to 26 years you will have cought me. I retired in May and am loving civilian life more than I thought I would.

Yup, career Security with some LE on the side here and there... been in the Nuke side of it the entire time, no stress though. 8)

I'll be at 26 in Aug 09... it's closing in fast and I already KNOW that I'll be enjoying cilvilian life! Congrats on yer retirement! Look forward to seeing your finds posted.

Hiya Jim,

Great shots!! I enjoy your posts so keep it up! Thanks for your dedicated service to our country. ;D

;) RR

Hey Montana...

I'm sure we all sleep better knowing a tough lookin dude like you is guarding our nukes! Thanks for your dedication to serving all of us in this here Yoo-nited Stayts!

Ever think about doing "bodyguard" work after you retire? If you're good enough to keep us alive I can take us to an underground depository near Salado, Texas that contains a whole lot of gold bars put there by the Knights of the Golden Circle after the end of the Civil War. The catch is the site has multiple booby traps and the current KGC members would frown on our removing what their great grandfathers hid so we would likely face some serious opposition.

The site is a mesa that has 3 levels of tunnels hollowed out in it. The first level was built as emergency living quarters for a KGC guard unit should the cache ever be opened by them and the gold doled out where it was needed to finance the second civil war they were planning.
The second level contains guns and ammo... now slightly antique... including gatling guns.
The third level contains the bullion... so much that most would not believe it. We would never be able to remove more than a fraction of it but that would be more than enough to finance anyone's "retirement".

The trick is not to get "permanently retired" during the removal process. They almost got me on my last trip there but hey... the KGC fellows are not the only ones that have a few tricks up their sleeves. ;>) Could be almost as exciting as riding that big Harley!

DC

AnOldPro said:
Hey Montana...

I'm sure we all sleep better knowing a tough lookin dude like you is guarding our nukes! Thanks for your dedication to serving all of us in this here Yoo-nited Stayts!

Ever think about doing "bodyguard" work after you retire? If you're good enough to keep us alive I can take us to an underground depository near Salado, Texas that contains a whole lot of gold bars put there by the Knights of the Golden Circle after the end of the Civil War. The catch is the site has multiple booby traps and the current KGC members would frown on our removing what their great grandfathers hid so we would likely face some serious opposition.

The site is a mesa that has 3 levels of tunnels hollowed out in it. The first level was built as emergency living quarters for a KGC guard unit should the cache ever be opened by them and the gold doled out where it was needed to finance the second civil war they were planning.
The second level contains guns and ammo... now slightly antique... including gatling guns.
The third level contains the bullion... so much that most would not believe it. We would never be able to remove more than a fraction of it but that would be more than enough to finance anyone's "retirement".

The trick is not to get "permanently retired" during the removal process. They almost got me on my last trip there but hey... the KGC fellows are not the only ones that have a few tricks up their sleeves. ;>) Could be almost as exciting as riding that big Harley!

DC

Ummmm... I only use my super powers for good. 8) But thanks for the offer! ;)
Note to self: If you go for the gold, be careful of the gatling guns.

Howdy Jim!
I was a regular army 95B Military Police in Germany at a now defunct nike-hercules nuke missle site in the late 70's. Was what is known as a "tower rat".
Only thing we had to worry about was the red army faction, baeder-meinhoff gang and being able to rotate to white hat before loss of sanity. Was at one of the few sites that was qualified for isolation pay.
So the beer helped! Oh, and schnapps! Did I mention the beer? To this day I still love a Dinkle Acker or Stuttgarter Hofbrau over the weak domestic beers.
May God be with you and protect you, and, keep digging!
Scott

Attachments

• mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4,780
  • mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4,793
Jim:

On this Memorial Day weekend, I want to Thank You for your service to our country. It is an honor to be able to chat with you!

MJ,
Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing them.
Thanks for serving..sometimes we may forget to say thanks but it is appreciated.
BTW motorcycles have always been a weakness of mine..;D

DD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back