miranda rights

Interesting commentary tonight on the news, from Sen. Ayott, on the senate floor. She had the picture of an American citizen, #2 in Al Quida shown in Afganistan. Intelligence had him plotting more terrorist attacks in the U.S., one of our drones took him out, yet if he had been arrested in this country, he would have a lawyer, civil trial, forum to disseminate his political spue, and live long and prosper ay taxpayer's expense. Moral of the story is be a domestic terrorist, even a citizen when out of the country will be terminated, with prejudice! While I know he received what he and every terrorist deserves, how does this administration answer this hypocrisy? Let's hear the spin from the left on this.

I think we should make that part of the BOR changeable, only because we want to this time. It's not like they're written in stone or anything, right?

I've also read that during the high speed chase while they were tossing explosives out the windows of the SUV, they were also firing heavily at officers.
I haven't seen a list of weapons they used, has anyone? If they bought them "legally" by just going over the border into Vermont, do you think they could have been stopped from buying by use of a background check? After all, the older one had been investigated by the FBI, ya know.

The last I heard they had only one firearm, a Ruger semi auto handgun, and a pellet air rifle. The serial numbers were removed from the pistol. So that means the furious gun battle was the police doing all the shooting, possibly at each other. Crossing the state line to purchase a handgun isn't a piece of cake. The store won't sell the gun to an out of state resident and let him walk with it. To get the gun legally out of state he would first, by existing law, have to pass the back ground check, then the dealer is required by law to ship the gun to a licensed dealer in Massachusetts, and they would have to pick it up at that business in Massachusetts, and that's been the law for a long time. The older one was supposedly selling dope, so he probably had contacts to purchase a stolen gun, or stole it himself. In fact, in Oregon to purchase a gun in a gun show the buyer has to pass a background check and can not be from out of state and take the gun with him. There are some states I guess that guns can still be purchased at a gun show without back ground checks, but a gun with a serial number removed and every dealer knows it hotter'n a two bit pistol. Pun intended, and no legal person with half a brain would touch the thing. Since 1964 it's been illegal for guns to cross state lines except from licensed dealer to licensed dealer. Kennedy was killed with a mail order rifle, so that law was passed to shut that barn door, and that's why they continue to harp on the "loop holes," which for the most part appears to be liberal BS. The BATF was the one sending guns to Mexico, not gun show purchases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back