Mini Excavator

Attachments

• toro.png
    toro.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
Another option instead of a Chinese excavator would be a Toro Dingo, you can get a bucket or backhoe. It will outlast any Chinese mini anything. Like the Kubota, it is also made in the USA.
$15K++

I have watched a few videos on those little Chinese machines out of curiosity. I can’t say I am very impressed. Having run a fair bit of machinery over the years I would be more apt to rent a decent machine after having my dig mapped out. Have them drop it off and pick it up. Also nice that it’s someone’s problem when it blows a 250.00 hydro hose and leaks 140.00 of hydro oil everywhere.

I have watched a few videos on those little Chinese machines out of curiosity. I can’t say I am very impressed. Having run a fair bit of machinery over the years I would be more apt to rent a decent machine after having my dig mapped out. Have them drop it off and pick it up. Also nice that it’s someone’s problem when it blows a 250.00 hydro hose and leaks 140.00 of hydro oil everywhere.
Sure they may not be impressive. The real stepping stone hurtle here is the possible 30 degree plus slope the OP is likely facing to get the equipment up and back.

Last edited:
you can pick them up at auctions for $5k or less, should have bid on one 6 months ago, it went for about $1800 ( with a bucket) have not seen one with the backhoe.
The Dingo weights around 3,071 lb.
Anyone try to winch a ton and a half up a 30 - 40 degree slope?

Last edited:
I do not think a Chinese mini excavator will do that either, which is what Southfork was looking for.
Well I have seen it done if you are willing to use just the boom arm backhoe attachment with engine and pump then get rid of the rest of the weight is my point.
By reducing the weight you stand a chance of winching up the slope on just a true skid bottom base especially if the whole unit can be broken down into lighter parts to then move up the slope.

You will not likely find this setup off of the shelf from china is also the big point here.

In other countries many people have to modify equipment in order to move around. Just go take a look.

Here's a hoe I'd be willing to test if someone dropped it off.
Might be tempted to put it on a utility trailer before winching the trailer itself uphill.

Side note , I added a Gorilla helper spring to a trailer gate after crunching my back again lifting it last spring. . Added aluminum rollers instead of the stock plastic ones. Works great! They came as a pair but the bigger one is enough.
Gatelatch in the way but cable slides over it's round stock nicely.

Yep. Know of a to-good-to-be-true bargain a friend's father got a NEW Chinese made tractor. It, literally, broke in half.
Got to know your limitations of force first is a very good guideline.
I have seen pictures of people breaking all sorts of equipment.

Here's a hoe I'd be willing to test if someone dropped it off.
Might be tempted to put it on a utility trailer before winching the trailer itself uphill.

Side note , I added a Gorilla helper spring to a trailer gate after crunching my back again lifting it last spring. . Added aluminum rollers instead of the stock plastic ones. Works great! They came as a pair but the bigger one is enough.
Gatelatch in the way but cable slides over it's round stock nicely.
At just over a half ton you may be able to winch it up a slope to do some testing. Best to have some parts ready if needed.
If you add some couplers you may be able to break down the hydraulic parts to winch up the hill separate from the frame etc.

Got to know your limitations of force first is a very good guideline.
I have seen pictures of people breaking all sorts of equipment.
No. THAT did not apply in this instance. It was a full on POS and the cast was pure junk.

There are countless posts that support that much of the garbage coming out of China makes the 50's JA Pan Co stuff look good.

Using ANY tractor in a small garden should not result in it breaking in half at the transfer case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back