Mini Excavator

Not enough traction and likely to be unstable enough to flip over. With that being said a number of winches could make moving possible without flipping over for a slow movement.

What size of excavator are you thinking of?

There has been older posts about NOT being able to acquire OR having a hard time finding parts for foreign made parts for some of these pieces of equipment ! Maybe you'll have better luck ! BUT I doubt it !

Think large rocks and cheap Chinese steel.
If you are serious spend the money on a Kaboda.

Think large rocks and cheap Chinese steel.
If you are serious spend the money on a Kaboda.
Kaboda sounds like a Chinese knock off total junk. There all better than a shovel if you don't mind working on them more than digging.

Kaboda sounds like a Chinese knock off total junk. There all better than a shovel if you don't mind working on them more than digging.
All you really need is the boom arm setup and not the bottom track assembly. Try looking at auctions / used sales for a boom backhoe attachment for a tractor for example. You can provide what ever hyd. pump you want that is gas / electric powered.

Kubota tractors originated in Japan, but they have manufacturing facilities in various locations around the globe. Most of the Kubota tractors sold in the U.S. are manufactured in Gainesville, Georgia, while the bigger series are manufactured in Japan but assembled in Jefferson.

Is anyone using an imported mini excavator to prospect? I have my doubts about trying to move around on my hilly place.
Check with the dealers where the center of gravity is. They may be as or more stable than a 4wheeler when side hilling(?).
Good luck.

Kubota is pricey.
I paid $35K for a the side by side sitting behind the track machine.
3 yrs old 326 hrs 1200 km no problems.
Stand up/stand behind manufacturer.

The track machine is a cool looking machine.

Resized_20240830_165257.jpeg
Resized_20240830_165229.jpeg

Check with the dealers where the center of gravity is. They may be as or more stable than a 4wheeler when side hilling(?).
Good luck.
We rent larger commercial Bobcats or Kubota skid steers or excavators when working around our place. Too steep for toys I was just curious how many were risking their life with narrow tiny Chinese toys.

Good luck.
The main problem is that the center of gravity can not be low enough for the tiny narrow track. A base that is 3-6 times bigger is what is needed on slopes over 15 - 25 degree to not flip over.

We rent larger commercial Bobcats or Kubota skid steers or excavators when working around our place. Too steep for toys I was just curious how many were risking their life with narrow tiny Chinese toys.
The only safe way to run these is to chain or cable down the unit when doing any real work as any shift in the load will likely flip over the unit on many slopes.

Some people will cable the unit to near by trees if possible.

I bought a Tomas 245 HDK this past April.
Flat land its a beast, with the 85hp Kubota diesel.
Slopes @ 9500 lbs
Better know its limits.
Even from operating the skidsteers for 13yrs at my scrap yard.
Pavement and cement is a whole different game than dirt, blue clay-🤣
I've had to take a 4000 + 10,000 lb winches to pull it up a 10 ft slope.
Wet dirt another drawback.
Screenshot_20241005_170529_Chrome.jpg

The recent little and cheap excavators from China , I don't find any good reviews of.
Reviews exist. Pretty much stating they are light duty on their better days.

The recent little and cheap excavators from China , I don't find any good reviews of.
Reviews exist. Pretty much stating they are light duty on their better days.
Harbor Freight is like or Princess Auto.
Cheap and $hitty

I bought a Tomas 245 HDK this past April.
Flat land its a beast, with the 85hp Kubota diesel.
Slopes @ 9500 lbs
Better know its limits.
Even from operating the skidsteers for 13yrs at my scrap yard.
Pavement and cement is a whole different game than dirt, blue clay-🤣
I've had to take a 4000 + 10,000 lb winches to pull it up a 10 ft slope.
Wet dirt another drawback.
View attachment 2172571
I have run the same type and size skidder front loader with a Toyota (85 HP diesel engine) and the maintenance was on the lower side due to the Toyota engine and electricals. I think the vintage was in the 1980's. I would not use it unless on flat land.

Cheap and $hitty
Much better to go to a auction and buy a used farm tractor backhoe attachment. Have seal kits for the cylinders etc.

Cheap and $hitty
I agree.
However if one is willing to replace a lot of parts on a used unit could be useful factoring in the costs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back