Merc my day....

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the morning to detect today. Grabbed a few bucks in clad, a few wheaties and my best finds are pictured. 1944, 40, 19 merc dimes and a track and field 1st place metal from the early 1900's. Also dug a deep button that reads centennial 1802-1902. Looks like it may have a little silver in the make up. Either way I thought it was a cool find.

Thanks for taking a peek and good luck this weekend guys and gals!

20180427_164740.jpg

Upvote 19
sweet! congrats

Mercs... w00t ! curious ...where was this hunt at ?

Mercs... w00t ! curious ...where was this hunt at ?

Actually 3 different places today. Believe it or not 2 of the Mercs came from a pounded county park. The medal and button thing were from another park on older ground. The 3rd merc was in a yard I've been over before but wanted to see if my equinox could find anything. That dime was 8+" deep. Recovery 7 and iron bias at 1. Sens. 18. Perfect ID and tone. Was three different spots all were short hunts that used up the morning.

How does the equinox ground balance? or is it even needed with this detector? I'm seeing nothing but awesome finds with the 800's .... I'm wondering if the multi frequency makes ground balancing obsolete?

How does the equinox ground balance? or is it even needed with this detector? I'm seeing nothing but awesome finds with the 800's .... I'm wondering if the multi frequency makes ground balancing obsolete?

My soil here is fairly mild and the manual says to simply do a noise cancel once you set up the machine how you want it.

If after you do this you get some ground noise they recommenda GB. Haven't had to do one yet.

Way to go. Nice.:thumbsup:

Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Triple Mercs, very nice. That medal is a sweet piece of history. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back