Medal? fob? or what?!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I recently bought several exonumia items from a metal detectorist. This one is interesting . . . not sure if it is considered a medal, or fob, or what? I was going to list it on the on-line token database, but I am not sure how to describe the planchet shape!
It is made of brass and it measures 31 millimeters wide, and is 34 millimeters tall (including the hole for suspension).
DEERE & MANSUR COMPANY / DISCS, / PLANTERS, / ETC. / MOLINE, ILL. // (image of a dear/buck).

Anyone have any info on this piece?

Thank you!,
Neil

Attachments

• molineILLobv.jpeg
    molineILLobv.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 67
  • molineILLrev.jpeg
    molineILLrev.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 62
My grandfather was the first, dealer to carry moline tractors in oklahoma, even before they had
sit down tractors, he carried Moline walk behind tractors.

Upvote 0
Deere and Mansur was established in 1877 to build corn planters. Mansur and Deere merged into Deere & Co in 1911. After 1912 it was just Deere & Co.

Upvote 0
As Tony recapped above........

Some history:In 1877, Charles Deere, John Deere’s son, and Alvah Mansur, a business partner of the Deeres for nearly 20 years, established the Deere & Mansur Company to manufacture planters.

Deere was also vice president of Deere & Company at the time, but the new planter business operated separately from his father’s plow company.

Deere & Mansur was acquired by Deere and Company in 1911. The most visible difference was the change of the company’s name from Deere & Mansur Company to Deere & Mansur Works.

Then, if my math is correct, your relic was made between 1877 and 1911.
Don.,

Upvote 0
WOW ~ THANK YOU for all the responses! This is a much better piece than I realized!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back