Master Title Plat

I'm not sure what your asking, if you post a link I'll look at it and give you an opinion if I can, but I don't want you to post your claim locale if that's what your asking. I am prob not qualified to help you with this unless its understanding legal jargon and even then I'm not qualified lol

I'm trying to read the master title plat map for an area. The section I am looking at says "exclusion NOE(not open for entry)". So I am asking how do I tell if an area is claimable on the BLM master title plat map? I will attempt to down load a picture. IMG.jpg

NOE is short for Not Open to Entry, Wdn is short for Withdrawn and Wdl is for Withdrawal. You might try contacting your nearest BLM mining room and ask for clarification. Also if you ask BLM they will, or at least they did for me send you a copy of the Master Title Plat Map Cheat Sheet. This will show how to read a Plat Map and pretty much all the Abbrevations and all the different boundry marks.
Hope this helps out.

Medic7a
Just above the words 'Exclusion NOE' are the words "Deed U.S.
That would indicate Acquired Land, which is off limits to claim filing.
Bob

Sorry Medic I understand the question but don't know how to read the map you posted correctly. Maybe someone else on here does, also have you tried calling BLM with the coords or if there is an office near you stopping by and asking. You could try the LR2000 thread on here maybe someone in that thread could help. Or maybe Bob just answered it above while I typed this.

I see a PLO in the section that I think your looking at, this ia a Public Land Order. Contact BLM and see if they can look up that number and also it looks like there is a Deed number also. Start by finding out what those are and that might anwser your question. From what I am seeing it doesn't appear to be open because of the large black Pat, line around the section but not sure without more investigation.

Thanks for the help everyone. Im almost positive it is not claimable. But I work a mile or so from the CA state BLM office I will head over after work one of these days and get an official clarification. Jog, I have the cheat sheet and it is almost as impossible to read as the actual map. Bob, it is aquired land but the ownership was transferred to BLM for management.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back