Magic Fingers in Montana

Don in SJ said:
Welcome to TNet, I have a friend who used to live in Great Falls that had a cabin near Cascade MT in the mountains and it was beautiful there just as your photos show. LOL, he retired from the military, sold his place in the mountains, sold his house in Great Falls and not to be confusing but now lives in Cascade, Idaho that is, another beautiful area.
Been to Montana on three TDY's in the military and one 25th wedding anniversary vacation was spent in Great Falls and up in Glacier and Waterton Lakes Park. Lifetime of memories from that trip.
Again welcome Donna.

Don

I head over to Great Falls often. Have cousins who live there. I load up at the commisary when I am there. When my kids are home we are always heading up to Glacier for the day to go hiking.
Thanks for the nice welcome Don.

Donna

borninok said:
Welcome, Magic Fingers. Sure could use your long distance massages over here on the North East Coast. I'm going to the chiropractor every day for the past 3 weeks for my back........long story.

I had to laugh ... we might as well start up our own navy just on this thread alone.....LOL Back in the middle 70s, I was a CT. Never aboard a ship or boat, always land. Hey, they never issued me a life preserver in boot camp (San Diego), so I wasn't going to take a chance! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

Welcome aboard!
Mel

borninok

Thanks for the welcome Mel.
I am amazed at how many military are here! We were in Groton CT in the early 80s. We commissioned one of the subs then brought it to the west coast.
I seem to have so many clients coming in with backaches. If I ever get together with anyone here to do a hunt I will make sure and bring my massage chair.

Donna

Oh, the mountains and scenery in Montana are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos. Welcome to TNet...you have a nice smile.

Bridge End Farm said:
hey hows the knee? praying for you

Thank you for your prayers. It will be a month tomorrow. I went back to work a week after the surgery and have worked back into a full day of massages. I can walk up and down the stairs the normal way too....lol.

Thanks once again.

Donna

G'day, just happened upon your mug shot and had to say hi, I reckon you'd be a real beaut sheila...LOL, some Aussie lingo for ya!
Hooroo for now...

Jonnyreb said:
Now you dont look old enough to have grandbabies!! Nice pics. You need to get into looking for arrowheads.... ::)

Why thank you sir. :wink:

The Flathead Indian Reservation is close by...just down the dirt road up the mountain from me. I decided to try a short cut over the mountain one day and found myself someplace I didn't think I should be!!
My girls have been hiking and come across old homesteads and I am wanting to go exploring them. They use to bring home old bottles. I need to have more people with me due to our high number of bears here...lol.
Do you have any helpful hints for looking for arrowheads?

Donna

Well, I have my own way of searching for points and the like, but then nearly everyone has their own fave method. My suggestion is first locate a water source, then a bit of high/unfloodable ground near it..but not so high that getting water would be an inconveniance....
Check out the indian artifacts section here on T net....worlds of experience there, and lots of nice folks that are dying to help.
Good luck to you
Shawn

Goodness we have lots of snow MG.
Our base is about 4 feet and we just has another 2 feet two days ago.
I have been plowing lots since I am layed off from the resort.
Here are a few pictures.
My greenhouse.
Me before plowing in a whiteout...lol
My Subi
Me plowing in the bobcat!

Attachments

• Jan 09 snow.jpg
    Jan 09 snow.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 405
  • Me whiteout.jpg
    Me whiteout.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 390
  • Subi.jpg
    Subi.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 398
  • bobcat Donna.jpg
    bobcat Donna.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 396
I love those pics of you in the snow. Just keep it up there, we had our share in Dec.

:wink: RR

Its beautiful! We have had ice and only dusting of snow here! Thankfull the bears are sleeping!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back