LOT GIVES MY OLDEST FIND YET!! GOLD TOO-ceck out these pics

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Well I hit the old home site today and they had dug trench's for plumbing for the newest foundation.There will be 3 new homes on this lot where a small house and orchard were. Since i missed the first foundations plumbing trench,I was excited to hit it. The contractor and crew were working the backhoe and shovels and as soon as they see me all work stops...The contractor calls me over to show me the rusted bottom of some tin can with 11 beautiful Bennington marbles and 3 Red Goose Shoe tokens he found on the first few bucket loads!!They were all thinkin I was a weirdo that thought there were treasures in the ground, and laughed at me at first.But since i been huntin there, they are startin to be BELIEVERS.And with the contractors kiddy cache, they are now askin " where you get onea those gadgets." So I start griddin between workers and the back hoe and after a couple of brass roofing nails out comes a sleigh bell thats almond shaped, but the hoe was makin it hard to hear so I moved to perimeter and the piles of dirt.Soon a war nickle,then a old cross with somekinda stones were in my pouch.Next came a 1917s wheat, a S.F. cigar token that had been voided, and then a signal like a wheat turned out to be a plated ring!!Thats makes two in a lot thats full of jewelry!But the lack of coins recovered tell me the people were poor but spent ALOT of time outdoors with lots of kids playin.Outa one of the piles comes a small bell,( thats the 5th one!?)Another Wheat 1939s and I scan the hole and theres a signal that I know is a nickle. About 2 more inches and...A GOLD REEDED EDGE!!! OMG!! grabbin it I knew by the weight it wasn't a coin, it was a TINY 14kt faceted ring!! I was stoked.. not cause I like rings,, it just that when I'm inna place where my machine likes, and I am dialed in, its great to be able to think that I've left very little. The bobcat had just got through demoing the little pump house in the far corner so over I went. I walk around and see water pipes comin outta the ground. So I turn down my sensitivity,cause there were piles of rusted nails under this 4'x4' little shack and after a couple of bad signals out comes a 1915 horseshoe watch fob!!The gold ring was cool- but I DIG relics like this.Circling to the back I get a weak but repeatable signal and about 8" down comes out a button with U.S. and a eagle above!! I knew it was old but till I got home and got on E-bay did I find out how old.. its a 1820-1839 Great Coat button!!Callin it a day, I start workin my way to the car and walkin by the pile of boards that had been the pump house. I see sompin shinen on a board, Its was a little french made multi-wrench had been nailed to a rafter.Following the bobcat tracks I dug a few roofing nails then a good signal as I go to dig there was the unmistakable glint of silver...1942s Mercury dime tilted up thru the dirt! This lot is all I ever wanna hunt.. Its phenomenal...Looks like I'll be back.....gotta hurry though their building faster than I can hunt....satisfied---the resurector

Attachments

• all finds.jpg
    all finds.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 791
  • middle rings gd.jpg
    middle rings gd.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 795
  • thumb butt.jpg
    thumb butt.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 770
  • button midd.jpg
    button midd.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 771
  • coat buttons.jpg
    coat buttons.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 763
Upvote 0
MOST EXCELLENT HUNTING. The Ruby ring is great and the button is beyond words. Nice hunting. HH

Hey res , don`t you need a little help at this spot ? Of course i promise to not tell anyone , and to keep everything i find !!!!!!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back