Little bit of the higher elevation fall views.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20241003_110640.jpg
    20241003_110640.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20241003_114527.jpg
    20241003_114527.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
Like that second one there. Ours are starting to blow away. You see that in the paper where all the leaf peepers are causing traffic problems on Guanella Pass over by Georgetown?

Like that second one there. Ours are starting to blow away. You see that in the paper where all the leaf peepers are causing traffic problems on Guanella Pass over by Georgetown?
Yeah that was on the TV news and the area residents are unhappy about it. Wherever the look at me and where I'm at social media is posting heavily is where you don't wanna go. Very quiet and peaceful are the places I know of. Indeed it won't be long and it'll all be gone. Cottonwoods, shrubs and other vegetation along the little waterway down here are starting to turn now. Not as many feel it necessary to tell everybody about those places.

Our colors aren't as nice this year. Still very warm so the frost effects haven't done the change.

I have a land reserve near me.
Around our Thanksgiving weekend there can be 250 cars parked along the highway.
The trust parking lot handles 40.
Social media is to blame.
Easter weekend 2500 hikers in 3 days.

Our colors aren't as nice this year. Still very warm so the frost effects haven't done the change.

I have a land reserve near me.
Around our Thanksgiving weekend there can be 250 cars parked along the highway.
The trust parking lot handles 40.
Social media is to blame.
Easter weekend 2500 hikers in 3 days.
I don't have an account with any of the main steam social media sites, outside of this place and LinkedIn. I don't know how many years ago now my wife said to me as she was looking at here laptop, I want you to take me sometime to Hanging Lake. My first thought was that's a bit of a hike I'm not sure she'd wanna do. Then I asked her, how do you know about that place? She said a lot of my friends on Facebook are going there. Me and a fishing buddy went to hanging lake maybe in the early 1980s, before Interstate 70 was all the way connected through the area. I didn't at the time she said that think anyone really knew of Hanging Lake. They sure in the hell do now and you now need reservations I believe to now go park and see it. It's crazy what the mainstream SM sites have done to society and the really the whole world now.

You're right TR. We went to Hanging Lake some years back when it wasn't reservation and shuttle bus. I could not believe the people in the middle of the week and we turned around halfway up the trail and left. I guess the leaf peepers pulled the same thing on Boreas Pass over the weekend. SO had to go out and deal with about 100 illegally parked cars on the road. We've always griped a little and laughed mostly at leaf peepers, but this year seems a little out of hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back