juneE.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 134
  • juneK.jpg
    juneK.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Curtain weight?

Upvote 0
I am with Cuda on this I think a curtain weight also.

Upvote 0
I think if you had it new and orignal it would have said " . . .ELL LEAD FREE". It looks like a bar of plumber's solder (tin/antimony or tin/silver) that has had the ends pounded flat.

KES-Lead-Freebar_5_4_1.jpg

Upvote 0
I think if you had it new and orignal it would have said " . . .ELL LEAD FREE". It looks like a bar of plumber's solder (tin/antimony or tin/silver) that has had the ends pounded flat.

View attachment 812188

This is a possibility. I am thinking Bell Lead free. But what are the pinholes? I searched the web and can not find a picture. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Pin holes could be someone needed a soft backstop when poking holes in leather with an awl. Have done the same myself on lead blocks. Use what you've got available.

Upvote 0
If the holes are consistent in size and go all the way through the item I would think they were purposely put in the lead and not used as backstop for a punch and as Cuda suggested it is a curtain weight and the holes are for thread to run through and keep the weight in place.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's a curtain weight, can't find any pictures of anything similar. The letters hold the clue.

Upvote 0
big cy got me thinking...perhaps a collar tag(dogs name etc)to be stiched to a collar?

Upvote 0
Actually I found a piece of lead similar that was curled in shape. I couldnt read the markings. I will try to find the old post.

Upvote 0
Don't think stringed instrument bridge....way, way too soft. Even if the strings didn't cut through it, the instrument would never stay in tune.

Upvote 0
Im thinking auto body lead and reason ends are the way they are is from heat source melting lead as its spread into areas being repaired.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back