May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just spent 3 hours on the last known spot that is detectable. It was diggable with no grass & weeds & its been so dry very little maise growth has happened.
We had covered this area once before, so we hit it at a 90 degree angle, as this farmer does no ploughing.
I was lucky to get a blank silver sixpence/hammered - no sure which?
Cru'dad got the best find of a 1924 National Union for Racing Pigeon (NURP) Ring. I think its our earliest, had it been WWI period it would be even more collectable, as most were used in the Trenches for messages.
Unless it rains we are out of options.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Upvote 24
We just spent 3 hours on the last known spot that is detectable. It was diggable with no grass & weeds & its been so dry very little maise growth has happened.
We had covered this area once before, so we hit it at a 90 degree angle, as this farmer does no ploughing.
Cru'dad got the best find of a 1924 National Union for Racing Pigeon (NURP) Ring. I think its our earliest, had it been WWI period it would be even more collectable, as most were used in the Trenches for messages.

View attachment 2089771View attachment 2089772View attachment 2089773
As usual, great digs!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

NURP ring is super cool Cru'...a 1917 carrier pigeon ring would have been an amazing find...

On the silver blanks...do you do anything with those...sell at melt value?

Love the recoveries!

NURP ring is super cool Cru'...a 1917 carrier pigeon ring would have been an amazing find...

On the silver blanks...do you do anything with those...sell at melt value?
Just goes with all the others in a little drawer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back