Apparently My first alltime seated was hiding
7 inches down in an area I've been over at least
10 times..

But the juice was worth the squeeze!

Worn but sexy..here she is for your viewing pleasure

20140612_185207.jpg

20140612_185223.jpg

Upvote 18
Always great to find something you've been looking for. I've never dug a barber and only one merc.......but have dug a seated dime and 3 Spanish silver from the 1700s. Just never know my friend . Awesome find congrats

Old a faithful was aptly named. I have a spot that I can always count on giving me something for the last year and a half now almost

Good deal. I'm still waiting for my first Barber anything. Found my first seated quite a while ago(1864 Half). Funny how that works sometime.

HH
MariposaGold

Aaaahhhh, feels great don't it? And your seated is WAY nicer that my one and only seated coin lol!

Seated, Standing, Hell I'll settle for squatting at this point! Excellent find from your abused honey hole!

Very nice coin. Congrats.

Great find.... Sure beats my old rusty horseshoes!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what it is about seated silver. I have dug over 60 Spanish silvers, well over a hundred large cents and over 25 half cents. I have dug countless Indian head pennies, barber silvers and even 2 Draped Bust dimes. All coins that circulated during reign of seated silver. But...I have ONLY dug one seated silver - an 1890 dime! So congratulations on your first. They are not so common unless you're digging 19th century military sites, or certain geographical regions.

Im just happy it isn't holed and has a readable date!

Ahab im gonna drive up to Maine and bury you a few barbers!

No spanish silver for me yet..but I someday aspire to earn an avatar like Steve in pa's!
Love the spainolantern

Its odd that just 51 years after the American revolution we would have a coin that looks like Brittania seated

Ty all for the responses.

Very nice..I was lucky then my first silver coin was 1886 seated dime

awesome find dude! nice n old! congrats

Well done! That's a lot better looking than our clad any day! Congrats!

The phrase "no place is ever hunted out" comes to mind, our vicious winter did you a favor!

She's worn and SEATED because she has a history of getting around, nice, congrats!...

Last edited:
I know what you mean by hiding.I have noticed in some places that I have been over and over again to the point I feel like I am just walking the same ground over and over again,if I slow down a bit,not always but sometimes i'll catch that deep small object that I must have been in to big of a hurry to hear before.Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back