KKK: The Invisible Empire aluminum coin

RoyRogers

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally figured out how to start a new thread!! :-)

This Fall, it will be 50 years that I've had this KKK coin in my possession. I've spent many hours searching the Internet trying to find out the exact info pertaining to this coin/token.
I can find an image of the coin at several auction places, but I can't find any info about the coin. I've had the coin since 1965, and if you look at the coin, the coin has an American flag on its back. The KKK has its own flag, and really didn't start using the Confederate battle flag until the 1950s and 1960s, that being the Civil Right period and also integration. So coin has to have some age to it.

I'm thinking the coin came from the 2nd Klan era (1915-1944). But I won't to learn more about the history of this coin, but it's been tough finding out anything.

KKK Coin 1965.jpg

agreed you would think if silver the seller would have
had that checked out so it was a def, not an appears
unless seller didnt know if it was coin silver or sterling
and just hoped that point would help it sell faster and
more $

Upvote 0
Dude the wizard that was eventually convicted of killing Vernon Dahmer was from Laurel. I worked at Sanderson Farms for a couple weeks hanging chickens there, that's the only job that I quit. Then I worked at Lerio Corp and then Hercules Inc. in Hattiesburg.

The KKK is still in Laurel, and your coin is not collectable, there's plenty out there. Try Ellisville or Petal. Again your coin is considered recent and not historical. Heck they still kick over grave stones at Shady Grove. I know the family names that pass those coins out, your from that area you should know them too.

Would you please PM me the names of the families handing out the coins like the one in the picture I posted? I would like to call them and get some more of the coins. I haven't lived in the area since Jan. of 1975, but I do have friends and family in the area. For the 10 years I lived in the area, after I collected the coin, I never say another one. In my many years of searching the Internet, I've only found 2, but no real info was contained about the history of the coin. So, if you will, PM me the names and I'll make the calls. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Ant is obviously upset by some past life experiences. As a professional in the area of PTSD I strongly advise Ant not to talk directly to Mr. Rogers about this. I would be happy to act as a liason between the two. Roy, please send me any further communications you would like to have with Ant via PM and I will happily represent him in this matter.

Crispin (Doc)

Upvote 0
Ant is obviously upset by some past life experiences. As a professional in the area of PTSD I strongly advise Ant not to talk directly to Mr. Rogers about this. I would be happy to act as a liason between the two. Roy, please send me any further communications you would like to have with Ant via PM and I will happily represent him in this matter.

Crispin (Doc)

Thank you sir. Your help and concern is much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back