It was a White Out!

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for about 1 1/2 hours before the snow came down...It was a white out! My Friend K picked me up at noon and we headed for the big hill where we have been finding Silver. We both managed a Merc (mine 1939), and I also dug a cool .925 Jaguar Ring with what may be Emeralds for the eyes. I also dug a 1957 Nickel and 3 wheaties (1917, 19, and 37). Clad total for today was $1.47...May be the end of the easy digs for us here in CNY.

HH,

Upvote 3
Looks like a great hunt. Spent most of the day in a treestand and the wind was relentless here in TN. Would probably have been better off with a metal detector on the ground ha ha.:hello:

nice condition merc.

Glad your hunt went well. I once got lost in a white out, middle of the city, just a few blocks from home and not only couldn't tell where I was, but also had no idea if I was driving on the right, left or middle of the road. Gave me a great lesson on when not to drive in winter.

Nice finds, silver is awesome! Looks like winter is starting to put the squeeze on MD'ing.

I couldn't get sleep knowing what was still laying at that place WOW.....Very Nice Finds Congrats :thumbsup:

Gotta be a diehard to be out today in the cuse as the snow was really getting bad

Looks like a great hunt. Spent most of the day in a treestand and the wind was relentless here in TN. Would probably have been better off with a metal detector on the ground ha ha.:hello:

Ha lol, that's been my dilemma also TNGUNS.

Nice finds Gogo, I like that ring, looks cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back