Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just dang lucky!

Woohoo! A year of firsts is piling up on me, finally I'm coming up with silver in my 3rd yr of hunting. I did get a silver washington last year and a couple of mercs and rosey's but this year is taking off at moch1 for me! Started out with my 1st Franklin half and then my 1st Walking Liberty half, now today I was blessed (Sidewalk construction, gotta love those sidewalks!) with my 1st Standing Liberty quarter, and not just one either, TWO!! However, you already know this I'm sure, I was also blessed with DATELESS!!!!! Yeah baby, now these chics will never again let their ages be known. Though they are definately not Variety 1's, bummer! And no mint marks. Before finding these this morning came up a 1908-P Indian Head cent. Also dug up Wheaties, 1924, 1942, 1945. Oh, a large pocket full of Lincoln memorials also, can't go a hunt without them dudes.

Chris

Attachments

• 6.18.2005.jpg
    6.18.2005.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 606
  • 6.18.05.jpg
    6.18.05.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0
Re: I'm just dang lucky!

ok help me out here... Everytime I see a sidewalk tear up there is a crew working it. So when am I supposed to dig these areas? Do I just take a hot girl and ask to dig right then or should I just dig or should I come back after hours, Do I have any right to dig there? I'm confused and missing out on some serious opportunities in old neighborhoods with tearups.

Hey Einstein, early riser? That's my thing, Saturday & Sundays there's no crews working either, as soon as it's daylight or just after anyways. So that's by 5:30am for me. The tremps are still cool and bareable and hardly anyone to bother ya!
Just go and have at it! City/Town sidewalks are open to everyone.

Chris

Nice finds Diggin. I still have only found one of those pretty ladies. There are not just many of them out there..Great job...Lance

Way to go!
Is that a 1908 IH?
Check the back to see if has an 'S" mintmark.
Aren't those sidwalk areas fun to hunt?
The reason the silver gets corroded is because of the lime in the cement leaching out into the soil below. (I think).

What a fantastic day you had there, all the best...... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

sweet dig thanks for the info, i will be speed diggin this saturday and sunday starting at about 4:40 am... I have a few miles to cover, but I still feel really weird about just walking down the street next to the cars driving by and digging in their worksite... Ill post my finds if there are some.

Gives a new look as to why your called '' DIGGINITUP" ;) Nice silver, keep it up.HH

Awesome finds!!! I love finding the SLQ's. Even though they are dateless, you can at least date them between 1917 - 1924. Congrats!! HH

Looks good, Nothing like finding old coins. It's the old coins that keep me hunting. Looks like your getting the hang of things. It takes time but you seem to be on your way.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back