I'm getting tired of finding D!!N nickels!

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hit a homesite today and hunted a couple of hours and came out with more nickels and 1 wheaty , the silver looking coin I thought at first it was a half dime, turned out to be a Uncle Sam play penny dated 1950. This brings me to a total of 10 shield nickels in less than 2 weeks! Where's the silver!!
1000000857.jpg

Upvote 38
Well heck... dont scoff at those nickels too fast...

You just never know you might just get a 1913 V one day.

It is considered a "holy grail"... and sell for in excess of 4 million these days.

Dimes/silver in general back then was coveted (remeber during the financial crisis of 1837 and during the Civil War precious metal "specie" was very hard to come by) so it makes sense to find more nickles as they circulated more regularly then silver coins.

Dimes were silver, and silver back then was coveted and rarely spent so it makes sense to find more nickles.
Never thought of it that way! Very seldom do I find silver compared to nickels and coppers . Good point and I went out yesterday and found a few buttons! Wish I could have pulled a nickel out of the ground. Hope I didn't curse myself ! LOL

Hit a homesite today and hunted a couple of hours and came out with more nickels and 1 wheaty , the silver looking coin I thought at first it was a half dime, turned out to be a Uncle Sam play penny dated 1950. This brings me to a total of 10 shield nickels in less than 2 weeks! Where's the silver!!
View attachment 2132442
Love the shield nickel! Silver will show up... you're in the right location :)

TRUST me on this there is a LOT OF WORSE THINGS TO FIND :)

you did well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back