Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm excited!

Hey All!
I decided to crawl underneath the house I rent an apartment in again today. I went under a couple of months ago. It's pretty creepy under there (lots of cobwebs and funky looking bugs). Anyway, I've been twice already and found 1-1920 & 1-1940 Wheatie and a really cool copper die plate with a Heron and water scene on it. Looks like it would have been used for stamping something.

Well, I ventured under the house again today and......Viola'! Got a reading for a nickel and I found it. Couldn't tell what it was until I got in the house. The soil under the house has all kinds of junk in it, and it tends to corrode metals. When I got the little jewel cleaned up (as good as possible), I discovered it to be a 1908 Liberty Head Five Cent piece!! WOOOOOHOOOOO! :o I'm just thrilled to pieces over it. I really get beat up when I go under the house, but I guess it's been worth my aches and pains!

The coin is not in very good condition and I wish that I could post a pic, but I don't have my digital camera. It's still a 1908 coin and that's all that matters to me!
Thanks for reading!

Happy Hunting!
Cindy

Upvote 0
Re: I'm excited!

Funny you should say that Diggin................I try to skoot under the house quickly so noone sees me. People already think I'm strange anyway.

HH,
Moon

Just thought about it. Can you get to and detect under the steps to the porch? Use to be a tradition of placing a silver dollar under the porch steps or just under the porch there. For good luck, when the house was 1st built. Some say around the base of the chimney also.
The pocket watch i dug out of an 8 foot bank. That at the bottom had an old looking cracked sidewalk. Raised my curiosity, so I scanned the bank, and out it came. Pretty much in the middle of a town of 50,000. ( You had asked if it was in the woods.) Great find!!! I hope you find the silver dollar. HH

Thanks for the tip RV. Unfortunately the front steps are solid cement including a walkup cement path to the stairs. I keep poking around the corners of the house, but haven't uncovered anything yet. I'll keep trying (mostly out of boredom). :D

HH,

Moon

Moonshadow said:
I discovered it to be a 1908 Liberty Head Five Cent piece!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!? :o I'm just thrilled to pieces over it.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!, Indeed. Congrats.

Thanks Jbot! It's been alot of fun digging under the house. Maybe I'll try one more time before it gets too cold.

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back