Ikes incoming soon!!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i know a few of you look through some Ike dollars sometimes. I have $2000 coming in next week and wondering what you all look for or save. I have looked through The Ike Group | The Eisenhower Dollar information source fairly extensively over the past few weeks. Any input is grateful, when you first did them did you sort them into dates then search for specifics or just look for something depending on the date you come across.

Are the ones to keep the:
1971D Friendly Eagle, Tiger Claw, and Peg Leg varieties
1972 Type 2's
1974D Peg Leg
1976D Peg Leg
1978D Peg Leg

Upvote 0
Well my half dollars didn't "come in" this week, aka she forgot to order them =( But i did get the dollar coins and they were Ikes. Not much luck but found 1-40%, 2 proofs, and a 71 Type 2. Was excited when i saw how dirty and beat up the bags were, had a date on them from 2010. It was fun while it lasted =)

Sweet finds. Are you going to order more? HH

Yeah Maverick and FloridaFinder, i will do some more, already have some on order through the same lady 8-) another 2k.

sack0silver i will just put them into coinlok bags and dump them at a few different banks, and probably keep few hundred dollars out just to spend around town. I really enjoy spending them and makes for some fun conversations sometimes.

very cool finds, I don't know how you guys find all these ikes, I've found 1 in the wild in the last 3 years. Pretty sure they don't exist in Oklahoma.

nice! I remember a while back a member found 20+ morgan dollars in an ike bag, all of them stuck to the magnet though. I would order more, especially if you can easily get rid of them and/or make a little profit off of CL for them.
hh
buff

nice! I remember a while back a member found 20+ morgan dollars in an ike bag, all of them stuck to the magnet though. I would order more, especially if you can easily get rid of them and/or make a little profit off of CL for them.
hh
buff

What is "CL", sorry for not knowing. And is there a way to make profit easily off selling them, without dealing with tons of mailing and ebaying and such?

CL = Craigslist you could maybe get a small premium by selling there and avoid fees but not sure what the market for them is.

What is "CL", sorry for not knowing. And is there a way to make profit easily off selling them, without dealing with tons of mailing and ebaying and such?

It's Craigslist. Good thing is there are no fees but of course it has its disadvantages.

Ask your local banks. Some tellers eat that sh it up. Might mae a few bucks that way. Or score bonus points with then at least

I just like to hoard regular Ikes.. Me and my brother have kept them for years... Just love that coin in general...

Ask your local banks. Some tellers eat that sh it up. Might mae a few bucks that way. Or score bonus points with then at least

I always offer them to the bank tellers before sealing the coinlok bags up. There are a lot of tellers that have never seen one and think it is just a cool coin (as do I). They are fun to leave as tips at a restaurant and watch the reactions of waiters lol, you see them huddle up sometimes trying to figure out what it is. Should have seen the girl scout girls light up when i bought some cookies with them, would have thought they found a cache of gold coins hehe.

Only got to order 1k this week, fairly lackluster on finding anything, but this is the sole find in the bag. 1 Proof coin!

photo-2_zpsc7eaf38e.jpg

photo-1_zpsbf62f16b.jpg

when you get the bags are they sealed? and if it is any special markings saying it was inspected by so and so on such and such date? last thing id want is for someone to be able to look at it at the bank and if there was a morgan or peace in their to swap them out and put it in a new bag.

Thats cool that you can get them. I can not find any around me

when you get the bags are they sealed? and if it is any special markings saying it was inspected by so and so on such and such date? last thing id want is for someone to be able to look at it at the bank and if there was a morgan or peace in their to swap them out and put it in a new bag.

They come in sealed, the bank insists on doing a hard count so their customers don't get shorted, the vault manager lets me into the vault with her, then we bust the bags open, and stack them up to verify the amount, oddly they are usually a few dollars short. Never seen her even make a comment about the coins besides, wow these things are huge.

I had to get a thousand dollars of Susan B's this week to get 1k in Ikes, somebody told me i think it was 50cent, but i forgot. What would i be looking for in Susan B coins again? Think it was some wide rim coin only?

Only got to order 1k this week, fairly lackluster on finding anything, but this is the sole find in the bag. 1 Proof coin!

photo-2_zpsc7eaf38e.jpg

photo-1_zpsbf62f16b.jpg

This will be your average. Silver is very hard to find in Ikes since the silver ones are NIFC, and not spent in large quantities like the 2002+ halves.

It took me ten minutes at a bank where I don't even have an account to order a bag of 1000 ikes. I got them in four days. I found 17 silvers and lots of BUs. There was NO fee involved, just do-nuts, pastries, and cinnamon buns. Your bank has to call their armored car delivery service to request the ikes. They are not on the paper or computer order form. The bank MUST call for you. The Federal Reserve website mentions how to order and deposit.

Last edited:
what do you say when you order? especially at banks where you don't have an account. I've asked numerous times at different banks and they basically tell me it's either impossible or they can't do it. From what I've read on here it seems they are either lazy or ignorant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back