Ikes incoming soon!!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i know a few of you look through some Ike dollars sometimes. I have $2000 coming in next week and wondering what you all look for or save. I have looked through The Ike Group | The Eisenhower Dollar information source fairly extensively over the past few weeks. Any input is grateful, when you first did them did you sort them into dates then search for specifics or just look for something depending on the date you come across.

Are the ones to keep the:
1971D Friendly Eagle, Tiger Claw, and Peg Leg varieties
1972 Type 2's
1974D Peg Leg
1976D Peg Leg
1978D Peg Leg

Upvote 0
I am getting $2000 worth of them, was the minimum order, as far as how they come i am not sure as of now, i assume 2 bags or something. Sorry i didn't specify how much per bag just general amount they ordered me =)

Good luck! I'd love to see picks from that search! Hope they are the Ikes when they show up. HH, Maverick

good luck. like said above, small dollar boxes(SBA's, Saq's, presidentials) come in $1,000 boxes... hopefully the bank did not order 2 of those.

Are the ones to keep the?:
1971D Friendly Eagle, Tiger Claw, and Peg Leg varieties
1972 Type 2's
1974D Peg Leg
1976D Peg Leg
1978D Peg Leg

Original question, any help?

Don't know much about Ikes, but please post when/if you receive them. I have been unable to order Ikes from banks so far.

Yeah i have been unable to order them also, I am told they are Ikes and come in bags and have to get 2k worth, as of now that is all i know of them. Hopefully they are Ikes if not i guess i should look into the presidential dollars and SBA's just incase so i know what to look for.

What you are really hoping for is:

Morgan dollars
Peace dollars
40% silver Ikes

Where are you getting the bags from?

The cash vault manager at my bank said that she spoke with somebody, as with all the details i don't know. Not getting my hopes up that they will be Ikes but only time will tell.

Last edited:
Well my half dollars didn't "come in" this week, aka she forgot to order them =( But i did get the dollar coins and they were Ikes. Not much luck but found 1-40%, 2 proofs, and a 71 Type 2. Was excited when i saw how dirty and beat up the bags were, had a date on them from 2010. It was fun while it lasted =)

photo_zpsf81cb709.jpg

IMG_0011_zps5cb8f7b6.jpg

nice pull, I saw a thread on a different forum from a year ago or so, the guy pulled 7 morgans and a peace dollar from $2k in Ike's... maybe you'll have some more luck next time around!

HH

You do realize that you cant neccesarily follow the years on ike dollars right? Weigh them to make sure they are in fact silver

Very cool, I'd be happy with that. Are you going to try it again? HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back