145.4 KB · Views: 2,689
  • 1932D Back.JPG
    1932D Back.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 2,678
  • 1932d cutb.JPG
    1932d cutb.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,691
Upvote 0
Better to get it out of the way on something like that. It could be a whole lot worse!

Iron Patch said:
Better to get it out of the way on something like that. It could be a whole lot worse!

what a button instead :D

Iron Patch said:

well I didn't do... Someone tried to cut it in half... I bet when they tried it flipped out of the cutters and they lost it!

chukers said:
Iron Patch said:

well I didn't do... Someone tried to cut it in half... I bet when they tried it flipped out of the cutters and they lost it!
i was wondering about that cause it does not look like a digging tool could have done that unless you where digging with dikes, silver is silver!

hh
kanyon

Kanyontreasures said:
chukers said:
Iron Patch said:

i was wondering about that cause it does not look like a digging tool could have done that unless you where digging with dikes, silver is silver!

hh
kanyon

thats what I call SILVER+ but those cutters took the + away!

Just pretend the three is an eight. Say it over and over and eventually you will feel better. :laughing9:

chukers said:
Kanyontreasures said:
chukers said:
Iron Patch said:

hh
kanyon

thats what I call SILVER+ but those cutters took the + away!

looks like lawn mower damage

That would have been a $240 or better quarter without the damage. I believe that 1932 D is the key date coin for a Washington quarter set. It still shows you that those key dates are out there cause folks had to spend what they earned for the most part. It is still a very nice find. :thumbsup:

Shane

:'( :'( :'(

Breakes your Hart doesn't it :'( :'(

SS

Attachments

• george 1.jpg
    george 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,507
The D mintmark is on the reverse of the Washington Quarter.

Too bad, shes in great shape otherwise.

ringfinder said:
Wow, you cried today over a clad 1982 quarter!!! Wait till you cut a Silver one in half or take a nice
chunk out of it. Then you can really cry. LOL

Last winter I cut a clad quarter in half with a pick, couldn't get the darn thing out of the ground, it was froze
solid. But I got half of it, LOL. Now that's something to cry about, heck I couldn't even get something worth a
quarter. LOL

Well, good luck the next time,

HH, Ringfinder
As some else just said it was a 1932 not a 1982 quarter..high dollar coin

That's the way it goes sometimes, just got to keep going. I once found a William 1 hammered penny in 3 neat little pieces, after the field had just been dragged . That coin had been complete for nearly a 1000 years, I got there 1 hour too late :'( :'(

creeper71 said:
ringfinder said:
Wow, you cried today over a clad 1982 quarter!!! Wait till you cut a Silver one in half or take a nice
chunk out of it. Then you can really cry. LOL

Last winter I cut a clad quarter in half with a pick, couldn't get the darn thing out of the ground, it was froze
solid. But I got half of it, LOL. Now that's something to cry about, heck I couldn't even get something worth a
quarter. LOL

Well, good luck the next time,

HH, Ringfinder
As some else just said it was a 1932 not a 1982 quarter..high dollar coin

that's what i'm wondering. you can see on the left half of the cut the remaing ring of the 8.. it go's as high as halfway up the nine almost, much different than a "3" from 32

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back