I am 1/555th of the way there. 1st silver & Wheat.

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
My finds over the last week. A ton of shells, clad 1.17 , 1965 quarter 40%er & 1920 Wheat penny. The rest is odd and end stuff. The splitting wedge and Wheat I found at a old logging cabin from the late 1800s thru early 1900s. All has been in my yard or the old farm house that the logging cabin is on. Not pictured is a ton of pull tabs, nails, and other more modern trash.

So I am 1/555 of the way to getting the AT Pro and upgrading from the 250!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It adds up faster than you think. Keep hunting places where quarters hang out and you'll have that new detector in no time.

1965 quarters have no silver in them. But your still at your same percentage. Just no first silver. :(

1965 quarters have no silver in them. But your still at your same percentage. Just no first silver. :(

Yeah you need to get a 64 or older to get in the silver club. Keep trying you will score a silver soon.

Hmm might be seeing wrong. It passes the sound test. I have 70lbs of silver Quarters I inherited so I know the sound and tested it side by side. Gotta clean it up more I guess.

Hmm might be seeing wrong. It passes the sound test. I have 70lbs of silver Quarters I inherited so I know the sound and tested it side by side. Gotta clean it up more I guess.

Trust me there are no Washington quarters 65 and newer that are silver. Turn it on its side and you can see the copper.

mustangpalmer1911 said:

You better go back and sound check the 70 pounds by date again this time. No quarters released to circulation post 1964 have any silver content. You can purchase proof sets that were minted in silver.

You better go back and sound check the 70 pounds by date again this time. No quarters released to circulation post 1964 have any silver content. You can purchase proof sets that were minted in silver.

All the quarters are 64 and older. This one the date is very faint and I was thinking 65-70 where 40% did not realize that was halves and above so I didn't scrutinize the date to much. I am going to try the ketchup cleaning on it and see if I can read the date better. It also don't help I am half blind and keep procrastinating about getting glasses.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about being half blind! I did not want to get my readers when I hit the magic age but gave in when I just couldn't read without them anymore. Lol. 70 pounds of silver coins must be an impressive looking pile! Do you have a picture you can share? I can't imagine what that looks like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back