Hunted for 30 minutes... Got me another 1st!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stress this enough Hunt your sites over and over and over you never find it all! Some of my best find were at sites that I have hunted 10-12 times before as in this find... 4 different people hunted this field on 3 or 4 occasions... and I go out for a quick 30-45 minute hunt... Lookie what I dig up just in a few inches of hard dry dirt...

I have only found a few halves in the last 20+ years, Halves are hard to lose, but they do get lost... This is my first Barber Half Dollar EVER!!! Its not in great shape but it is what it is and I'm happy!

Chukers

1900.JPG 1900-2.JPG

1900 Barber Half.jpg

Upvote 26
My first Barber was a 1900 Half found on pedestal of red mud, while out rockhunting.......
Congrats on a neat find.................HH

Found a large cent Arrowhead hunting 1 time it was green and it was holed can't read the date 1852?? I thought it was a slate Pendent at first

ForumRunner_20130313_220431.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130313_220217.png
    ForumRunner_20130313_220217.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 70
Awesome -still wait/hunting for my 1st barber half & quarter for thst matter ,also it cleaned up nicely

it did... they usually do here in Texas...baking soda does great! but the barbers I find are usually very worn... I guess it from use... most of my barbers have smooth details.

Chukers

Sweet barber! I've been at this hobby for 14 yrs. and still haven't found a silver half! Congrats. HH

Nice find! I am still waiting on my first Barber Half and will be really excited when I do find my first. Walking Liberty halves seem to be the most common for me (4 last year, 2 already this year).

I agree with you that no site is ever totally hunted out, you just have to work harder to find what is still there (my last walker that i found about three weeks ago, which ID'd clearly as a half on my ETrac, was found 30 feet from where I found a 1930S Standing Liberty last year which shows no area is ever hunted out).

I hope you find many more good things in this field!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back