Howdy!

placerminer

Jun 14, 2024
Found this thread while searching for Calaverite specimens, and horrified to find folks were planning on crushing or roasting it! As I tell everyone here is Georgia, if you can see gold in the quartz bigger than a speck its worth far more as a specimen than any gold your going to extract, and the same goes for Calaverite or Sylvanite (gold tellurides) 10x!! However I think they had pyrite, so maybe no crime was committed..lol

About me, lived in north Georgia for the past 35 + years, and got the gold bug when I was 11, and 50+ years later still afflicted. Bought my first detector, a Garret Freedom Ace in 1988 from Andy S., who taught me a lot about detecting relics and coins, and general detecting techniques. Several years later I bought my first gold detector , then a bunch more (gold detectors) as technologies improved.

...here is Georgia...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: GEORGIA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Found this thread while searching for Calaverite specimens, and horrified to find folks were planning on crushing or roasting it! As I tell everyone here is Georgia, if you can see gold in the quartz bigger than a speck its worth far more as a specimen than any gold your going to extract, and the same goes for Calaverite or Sylvanite (gold tellurides) 10x!! However I think they had pyrite, so maybe no crime was committed..lol

About me, lived in north Georgia for the past 35 + years, and got the gold bug when I was 11, and 50+ years later still afflicted. Bought my first detector, a Garret Freedom Ace in 1988 from Andy S., who taught me a lot about detecting relics and coins, and general detecting techniques. Several years later I bought my first gold detector , then a bunch more (gold detectors) as technologies improved.
Welcome.
You said:
“Found this thread while searching for Calaverite specimens, and horrified to find folks were planning on crushing or roasting it!”

What thread are you referring to? The introduction thread? Which specific thread discussed crushing and roasting Calaverite?

Thanks.

Gold detectors are like elbows, Everyone should have two!

Looking forward to reading what you post on the gold!

HH
Mike

Welcome.
You said:
“Found this thread while searching for Calaverite specimens, and horrified to find folks were planning on crushing or roasting it!”

What thread are you referring to? The introduction thread? Which specific thread discussed crushing and roasting Calaverite?

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back