How does the AT Pro compare to the F75Ltd?

Had to post this somewhere, so....took my AT Pro out in the yard after work this evening, dug 45' and 56' wheats at around 6 inches. Then i get a faint but definately repeatable hit. Only got a readout a couple of times...so i dug and dug and dug scanning each shovel of dirt...finally at a measured 13-13 1/2 inches i pulled a fired/mushroomed 22cal lead bullet....around 40 grains(22LR). AMAZING!!!

oh and i was running pro mode/ no disc/ max sens. and ground balanced -5

Had to post this somewhere, so....took my AT Pro out in the yard after work this evening, dug 45' and 56' wheats at around 6 inches. Then i get a faint but definately repeatable hit. Only got a readout a couple of times...so i dug and dug and dug scanning each shovel of dirt...finally at a measured 13-13 1/2 inches i pulled a fired/mushroomed 22cal lead bullet....around 40 grains(22LR). AMAZING!!!

That bullet lead always picks up strong. I've been surprised at how much I've dug so far. Always comes in clear

I had an F70. Did not like it real well as the numbers were jumpier than AT Pro & F70 gave off loud noises on what I think were hot rocks.

The AT Pro has the most accurate ID at depth I've seen. Got a dime down 7" that IDed as dime (80-85 range) on every sweep. Ground was hard & dry. Depth read 8". This was using STD mode, coins program, sens 7 of 8, iron completely rejected (40). Sure I may have missed gold, but dug almost no trash & it was usually something small & round (like a button) when I got trash. Otherwise totally silent. I did not get good depth until I set the ground balance more or less correctly. Other than that, STD mode requires very little learning. I will likely try the Pro mode someday, but prefer easy & relaxing STD for sites that aren't real trashy. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back