HI TO EVERYONE...

tomom

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2024
Yes, I am new here and I have just started with this hobby. Found an old FISHER 555D (I read it was very good at the time ) because that is what I could afford right now. Also I like vintage stuff ( like vintage amps or speakers- another hobby which I have been in for many years). I can see , this is kind of "local" forum, most people, if not all are from USA. I am from Australia. What brought me to this site is my 555D, which is not working as it should , so yes, I am looking for schematic diagram ( I will post it on HELP too) so I can get my hands on this repair job. As I have some electronic knowledge, I hope I can bring it to specs again. Wish all the best to everyone in search for treasure. Tomo.

Yes, I am new here...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...

...my 555D, which is not working as it should , so yes, I am looking for schematic diagram ( I will post it on HELP too)...
tn_metal_detector.gif
I noticed someone answered this question on your Forum Fisher Research Labs post at: FISHER 555D schematic...

Yes, I am new here and I have just started with this hobby. Found an old FISHER 555D (I read it was very good at the time ) because that is what I could afford right now. Also I like vintage stuff ( like vintage amps or speakers- another hobby which I have been in for many years). I can see , this is kind of "local" forum, most people, if not all are from USA. I am from Australia. What brought me to this site is my 555D, which is not working as it should , so yes, I am looking for schematic diagram ( I will post it on HELP too) so I can get my hands on this repair job. As I have some electronic knowledge, I hope I can bring it to specs again. Wish all the best to everyone in search for treasure. Tomo.
Welcome .

Spring is Poppin there "Down Under " so enjoy it , hope you get your 555d working ; I still have an older 1266-X that I keep in the car for scouting missions .

God Bless

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Haha....Down Under, yes warmer weather is coming; thanks everyone for welcome wishes, I sincerely hope to be able to fix my 555D and maybe post some stories from treasure hunt. Regards Tomo

Tomo..in the world of metal detectors, that 555D is somewhat of an antique. Cool in some ways, not so much in others. FWIW, I looked at a number of resources and could not find a schematic for you.

I would really encourage you to save up some $$ (AU dollars, of course), and then look into some of the affordable detectors. There is a massive difference in technology today vs. back when the 555D was considered a hot machine.

There's a bunch of Aussie's on here, and maybe one could recommend a local dealer, or at least a good one down under.

Welcome from far Pacific Northwest of the US, where it's getting cold and wet here in the rainforest. :hello:

Hi Mike, thank you for reply. I am getting your point in regards to 555D, it represent kind of a challenge from electronic point of view for me; first I would like t fix it, then I have an idea of improving its' performance, but schematic would be crucial to it. I looked up Concrete, Washington on google, beautiful place... Did you mean that bunch of Aussies reside Concrete?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back