🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hi I found this metal detecting at a house built in 1820 in GA I know it says Pine Apple on the first pic but I can’t make out the image and the word

savinghistoryalway.s

May 23, 2024
CBD52117-F41D-4A8F-B3D7-F04BCAAF5E8F.jpeg
9C959B90-7471-49CA-BE0F-CD7A9D250A63.jpeg

It looks like maybe the top of a soda bottle? If so it's not that old. I think the bottom word might be "ARCADIA" (in a tall, thin, rounded font). I don't know if there's a connection, but there is a store called "Pops Soda Ranch" in Arcadia, Oklahoma that has every flavor of soda you can imagine.

Upvote 3
I don't know how you get "top of a soda bottle" out of that ? but it sure is cool looking...
You might try rubbing a piece of aluminum foil over it to see if you can read that bottom word.
I've never seen anything like it personally, picture kinda looks like waves ?

Upvote 0
What about putting a piece of white paper over it and then rubbing it with a pencil ?

Upvote 0
PINE APPLE ARCADE...? Although all I find is SpongeBob references, and possibly some cruise ship connections.

PINE APPLE Orange soda...?

That 3rd word is hard to discern. From the front it looks a single line or letters, but from the back it looks like two lines of letters.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
I don't know how you get "top of a soda bottle" out of that ?
Screw top soda bottle with the screw thread part broken off. I've found bottle tops like that before. (Not like this find, obviously,)

Upvote 1
Screw top soda bottle with the screw thread part broken off. I've found bottle tops like that before. (Not like this find, obviously,)

I edited my post as you were responding.

I wonder if it's PINE APPLE Orange soda...?

I remember something in my past where the bottle lids were like old canning jars. Well sorta they had a normal screw cap, but a metal metallic seal under it. Nowadays they use tinfoil, paper, plastic, etc.

The words are reversed on one side meaning it was meant to be read from one side only.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
If you squint at it just right, the bottom word also kinda could be "ORGANIC", with the letter height changing with the curve of the edge, so it's kinda "smile" shaped overall.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back