Hi from someone who enjoys pieces from the past

DentonSandy

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
Denton, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting for cooler weather to dust off my detector and aimlessly roam around with anticipation of beeps and blips.

I moved from Virginia to Texas one year ago. I'm originally from South Jersey.

Back in the '80's my husband drove us to Lake Wallenpaupack (spelling is questionable)area and while there had been a severe drought
there had been a stream not too far and I got to stand in it with water swirling around my legs. I've always loved rocks and I had put my hand down in the water and came up with the prettiest rock I had seen in a long time! Years went by and while working for a geologist/gemlogist I asked him to look at my find. He asked me where did I find it and when I told him he looked rathered puzzled. He then told me the rock was made up of obsidian and coral and only found in Greenland. I felt really blessed.

In 2009 after the funeral for my first born I went to a flea market across from the motel. A farmer had a rock much larger but similar in color to the one I found. He said he found it in his field. Well, I couldn't have my daughter back so I bought the rock found in Beaver Falls, PA.

I still use dial up :laughing7: and it is slow but eventually I'll post photos of my rocks and hopefully some finds.

metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
1st - Thank you for sharing your story with us DentonSandy. I am very sorry for your loss.
pennsylvania.gif
2nd - Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
3rd - You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome aboard!:hello:
Nice story, sorry about you daughter, that had to be a tragedy.
Obsidian is beautiful, I have several Case pocket knives whose handles are obsidian.

Roy

Hello and welcome to the forum! We are happy you have found us...I also offer my condolences for your loss...

Welcome , sorry to hear about your daughter, I cannot imagine losing a child...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back