✅ SOLVED Hey all!

BlueRose

Oct 12, 2024
Augusta, GA
Hey all! I am so new to this and I have no idea how to work this but here it goes. I am curious as to what these markings on this ring may be. Only thing I understand is 14k, but I know it's got to be plated or something. Any thoughts opinions whatever please!
1000011822.jpg
1000011823.jpg
1000011825.jpg

Upvote 5
Welcome to Tnet.

Nice ring, but It’s not solid gold, I’m afraid.

The ‘R.G.P.' mark is for “Rolled Gold Plate”.

The maker mark with back-to-back C letters in triangles separated by an ampersand is for the Clark & Coombs Manufacturing Company, originally of North Attleboro, Massachusetts but later at New York City and Rhode Island. They began business c.1862 and used a variety of styles for the ampersand within the mark. That has led to confusion about possible dating, with some sources saying the ‘conventional’ ampersand was used until 1915 and then replaced by a more stylised one. I have become doubtful about that. First use of a ‘C&C’ mark is claimed in the trademark registration as 1923 and it was cancelled in 1988.

See a previous post here:

https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/markers-mark-on-a-large-sterling-ring.318644/#post-7167143

Last edited:
Upvote 4
R
Welcome to Tnet.

Nice ring, but It’s not solid gold, I’m afraid.

The ‘R.G.P.' mark is for “Rolled Gold Plate”.

The maker mark with back-to-back C letters in triangles separated by an ampersand is for the Clark & Coombs Manufacturing Company, originally of North Attleboro, Massachusetts but later at New York City and Rhode Island. They began business c.1862 and used a variety of styles for the ampersand within the mark. That has led to confusion about possible dating, with some sources saying the ‘conventional’ ampersand was used until 1915 and then replaced by a more stylised one. I have become doubtful about that. First use of a ‘C&C’ mark is claimed in the trademark registration as 1923 and it was cancelled in 1988.

See a previous post here:

https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/markers-mark-on-a-large-sterling-ring.318644/#post-7167143
Red-Coat is correct, if it says R.G.P, it stands for Roll Gold Plate. The picture is hard to read the last letter but appears to be RGP.

Upvote 1
Nope, that's gold baby...the v30 is the points of diamonds and three makers mark

It's not 'V30' and has nothing to do with diamonds. Look more closely. It's '1/30' meaning that the weight of the gold is one-thirtieth the weight of the total metal.

The ring is rolled gold plated in 14K gold with semi-precious stones or diamond simulants.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back