Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's to diggin' iffys and snow melt

Hey all, long time since my last post...This part of Indiana got seven inches of snow last week but yesterday and today got warm enough to melt it all and the ground is saturated and very easy to dig in, We get drought conditions in summer so I only dig the iffy signals in winter snow melt. I use a Garrett GTP 1350 and on the 12th hit got the bing bing signal scanning east to west and the dink dink sound going north to south. That usually means big rusty junk or a good target next to a bad one. Dug out a 10 inch dia plug and this was in the bottom of the hole 4 inches down.

_DSC0031 (626x640).jpg

Couldn't believe it, the rim of a big silver coin in the middle of a old rusty beer can top. Pulled out a 34s Walking Liberty Half.(might be a D), Worn but very welcome. My first silver of 2016. It has a black band where the edge of the rusty can was laying on it...This is the oldest park here and said to be hunted out since the 80's. My favorite site for diggin' iffys after a snow melt...thanks for reading ...happy huntin' ya'll.

_DSC0026.JPG_DSC0027.JPG_DSC0028.JPG

Upvote 27
Awesome, that coin find has a unique story.

Sweet ! Yep its a "D"

Now that was a great find being able to scan the good silver from the bad junk.

Congratz on a great save! You gotta love BIG silver!

That is really cool. Nice first silver on the yr. I bet a lot of guys walked over that one over the yrs

HH Jer

Iron can remnants and silver?? You did recheck that hole right? Awesome find

Congrats on the half!

Nothing like seeing an oldie peeping up from wet ground,congrats on that Walker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back