here I am...UPDATED - Now, somehow, the cat thread?!?!? with PIX

packerbacker said:
This is Holmes. We found him and his littermates starving to death in a box. Had to hand feed and wipe their butts for them because they were so small. Apparently their mom died or something; they were wild. Kept Holmes and gave the others away. He's now 8 and wieghs 23 lbs. Spends most of the day laying on my desk at work. Has a bad habit of messing with the keyboard.
Oh my god! he's so lucky you found him! Miltie was half-stray when we got him, too. I saw a cat on our porch one freezing night in March four years ago and was so worried, but it ran away. I told my husband about it, and the next day we were driving to breakfast and he said "there's that cat". I made him stop and we chased him through four backyards until this older man came out and we asked if the cat was his. He said he thought someone in the house next door owned it, but that he and another neighbor put food out for him and made a bed on their porch because the owners didn't take care of him. We went to the house he showed us and knocked on the door, a guy answered the door and we asked him if it was his. He said no, he thought it belonged to one of his housemates. He went in and asked and THE OWNER NEVER EVEN CAME TO THE DOOR! Poor Miltie wasn't even allowed in the house. He said we could take him, so we scooped him up, put him in the car and took him straight to the vet. He was about 9 months old - any older and he probably wouldn't have been able to adjust, but now he gets more affectionate all the time. My husband works from home, and during the day, he literally has to lock him out because he wreaks havoc on the desk and the keyboard.
We have another kitty, but I want to get a good pic to post, so she's not embarrased ;)

packerbacker said:
This is Holmes. We found him and his littermates starving to death in a box. Had to hand feed and wipe their butts for them because they were so small. Apparently their mom died or something; they were wild. Kept Holmes and gave the others away. He's now 8 and wieghs 23 lbs. Spends most of the day laying on my desk at work. Has a bad habit of messing with the keyboard.

Wow! Holmes looks like that freakin lion in the Wizard of Oz! :o :o :o :o :o

Holmes doesn't make himself at home does he? :D

I will post a pic of my adopted cat, pixel, soon.

I guess we need some pet forums too!

yay! Thanks, Marc! (although I don't mind sharing my mug thread with the kitties) :D

Guess I better show my fur family...no man around but my guys are enough...for now

Attachments

• auntbea.jpg
    auntbea.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,744
  • cats.JPG
    cats.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,744
  • niemo1.jpg
    niemo1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,726
  • apollo.jpg
    apollo.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,708
neimo is cool looking

They're awesome :D Thanks for sharing!

Seeing how this post turned into the pet post I thought I'd throw in my two cents. Here is our 7 year old cat and 7 year old dog. The cat came from a shelter three years ago. The dog just joined us three weeks ago from a family that moved out of town.

Attachments

• CatDog.jpg
    CatDog.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Dsc02329.jpg
    Dsc02329.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,168
They seem to be getting along pretty well, considering!

COUGH, COUGH, sorry I had a fur ball, Welcome, Fossis........................

Awsome picture Ed, I love seeing cats and dogs that can think beyond their differences! Oh, and welcome Lara!!! (I feel like I might have said that part previously... but you deserve a second dose of WELCOME!) -Ben

nhbenz said:
Awsome picture Ed, I love seeing cats and dogs that can think beyond their differences! Oh, and welcome Lara!!! (I feel like I might have said that part previously... but you deserve a second dose of WELCOME!) -Ben
LOL, I think you may have, too. But now I feel especially welcome :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back