Hematite points....

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0
I'm missing a small piece...looking everywhere. Probably find it with my bare foot at some point.

ouch watch out it was pretty thin stuff

I've seen a few hematite points. The material looks slightly different from the hematite celts or cones I've seen. I'm guessing there are different forms of hematite that have crystal structures that are more conducive to flaking.

I've seen a few hematite points. The material looks slightly different from the hematite celts or cones I've seen. I'm guessing there are different forms of hematite that have crystal structures that are more conducive to flaking.

yes there many types of hematite i like those gem quality pcs pete was showing above.......

Speaking of gems.....this is SOHIO's hadywork.

ForumRunner_20121218_002240.png mine too ....now

lol :laughing7: thats awesome ...i dont remember bifurcating it:laughing7:......looks like it had a rough trip...wow thats quite the artifact you've aquired there :icon_thumright:

That stuffs a little dangerous when you go beating around on it thats why i gave up knapping iron ore slag lol

geesh now everybodys gonna want one :laughing7:

lol thanks for taking care of it :icon_thumright: hey i got some dogs and roosters need a good home too ???

its real heavy tn in proportion to its size

Ive never seen any thats porous

Thanks. I have a crude knife of a weird material from a shelter I will post for an I.d sometime. You guys get all the good material.8-)

yeah i like the materials in my area...lots of diversity.

I just got some nice colors in the mail today from him.

IMG_20121217_190145-1.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121218_014313.png
    ForumRunner_20121218_014313.png
    477 KB · Views: 86

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back