Hematite ore

Fodegrass

Jul 11, 2023

Attachments

• 20240718_063620.jpg
    20240718_063620.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
Sorry for the earlier misleading images I sent. This is a better quality image of fully cracked inside image of the rock.

Attachments

• 20240720_072718.jpg
    20240720_072718.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240720_072748.jpg
    20240720_072748.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
There are small crystals present whose color is steel gray which is shiny and some of them are shaped rectangular.

Upvote 0
There are small crystals present whose color is steel gray which is shiny and some of them are shaped rectangular.
TMK, hematite is never white or clear-white (like quartz). I think what you've got are some metamorphic rocks with some iron content.

TBH, the two samples circled below look more like hematite than the samples you've been asking about, and I can't even be sure about them.
View attachment 2159561

It's very difficult--nigh impossible--to definitively identify rocks/minerals by photo alone. This is why geologists/mineralogists use other tests
to identify/confirm.

Hematite is one of the most abundant minerals on the planet. Is there some particular reason you're pursuing it?
I thought it was hematite. Sorry for the earlier misleading images. Checkout my new images.

Upvote 0
All of your pictures are too blurry to tell apart any mineral in the rock you posted.
But from the color structure of the picture you posted maybe weathered ophiolite rock.

Upvote 1
Now it all makes sense. It is Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Ophiolite from andra pradesh in southern India. Thanks for your help.
All of your pictures are too blurry to tell apart any mineral in the rock you posted.
But from the color structure of the picture you posted maybe weathered ophiolite rock.

Upvote 0
I researched that Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Ophiolite belong to Paleoproterozoic age and that they are rare. I would to know it's price.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back