Help IDing a Sportsmans? Button...

Rowdy Yates

Nov 15, 2006
Coulterville, California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Found this on an older 1860s-1880s spot along with quite a few pinfire and double/single rimfires. Looks like a wolf or a bear. Anybody know about these??

Thanks,

Rick

shellstf5.jpg

bearfrontzm6.jpg

bearbackts7.jpg

Also found a nice barrel tap.....

bung1iw7.jpg

Rowdy Yates said:
Here is another close one.

Yep, the one on the right may be it!! Thanks!! But, I couldn't find anymore info about it on that site......... just the picture. :icon_scratch:

Thanks again,

Rick

Can you believe I can't find the link again! There was an information page...I even tried backing out some of the URL to find the page before the pic and can't find it! I will keep looking for it..because it is driving me crazy....but it's not a far trip! :P

Upvote 0
myelo1023 said:
Rowdy Yates said:
Here is another close one.

Yep, the one on the right may be it!! Thanks!! But, I couldn't find anymore info about it on that site......... just the picture. :icon_scratch:

Thanks again,

Rick

Can you believe I can't find the link again! There was an information page...I even tried backing out some of the URL to find the page before the pic and can't find it! I will keep looking for it..because it is driving me crazy....but it's not a far trip! :P

Here is the original site, but - the button you saw was in a "for sale" area that no linger exists...

http://www.bysonbuttons.com/

Upvote 0
Sorry I can't help with the button Rowdy but the Pinfire's are sweet :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back