Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all,
I recover a lot of period fakes around here, many have been defaced, hammered, holed, bent etc.
Though this one has been holed, it doesnt seem finished, I believe other side was never completed because it is clear and hammering would have destroyed what is on this side.
another reason is the large amount of 'overhang' around the circumference, I can't see this item being passed as legit coinage, then why was it drilled:icon_scratch:
looks rather like a Spanish, but I cant seem to match what is visible to any of the few I have or the many Ive browsed.
Overall it is 30x27mm, the measurement from the edge of denticles is 24-25mm Thanks for looking! Herbie.

Attachments

• CFT45.1.jpg
    CFT45.1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 95
  • CFT45.2.jpg
    CFT45.2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 95
  • CFT45.jpg
    CFT45.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 89
Why do the letters QUES seem so familiar to me, though I cant find another coin with them...

Upvote 0
It looks to be modeled from a Roman coin. I think I see "CON" near the left side of the mound, starting around 7 or 8 o clock. Maybe for CONSTANTINUS or similar? Then it ends on the opposite side with "NOB". I think that stands for NOBLE. Maybe I am seeing things. Neat find.

Upvote 0
It looks to be modeled from a Roman coin. I think I see "CON" near the left side of the mound, starting around 7 or 8 o clock. Maybe for CONSTANTINUS or similar? Then it ends on the opposite side with "NOB". I think that stands for NOBLE. Maybe I am seeing things. Neat find.

Thanks GW,
what I can make out is just single letter C at 7oclock (maybe), and a definitive QUES (pellet) MO starting at noon.
Ive seem MO on Spanish colonials as Moneyer or assayer initials.
I figured this one would get an ID rather quickly.

Thanks for looking and HH all!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back