Help? Cast iron pipe vent

H

Holly_squirrel

I know you guys will be able to answer this one.

image-3797947901.jpg

Dug it out of my front yard. My guess is, ithas something to do with a tractor, plumbing, or something else mundane... Lol. I never dig up anything interesting

image-741084574.jpg

image-2408478870.jpg

So what's it be?:)

dieselram94 said:
I love my old diesel. It is a 1994 2500 4x4 with over 400,000 miles on it. It still gets 21 to 23 mpg! No lie. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. It has been downgraded to a third vehicle (winter beater) and I still plow snow with it. I have a 2010 wrangler I keep in the garage all winter to keep the snow and salt off it. What tear was your Ford? I blew up a 2008 f350 with a 6.4 diesel last fall. Only 40,000 miles on it...JUNK! LOL!!

2006. When it was burning ,I was yelling " we need to gett it out!my husband said F that I'm driving into the fire. Lol. They were proven defective .

Upvote 0
Yup ford's best diesel was the 7.3 powerstroke. The 6.0 and the 6.4 powerstrokes are total trash...

Upvote 0
I was once a plumber - the excavator would dig a trench for laying pipe - groundwater would rise in the trench - we would get out the mud- sucker - it had an end piece on the 3 or 4 inch hose that looks a lot like the thing you found Holly .

Upvote 0
Holly, in my opinion and I have been around these pickup truck diesels for quite some time is the all time best diesel in a pickup ever is the 1994 through early 1998 Dodge diesels with the 12 valve cummins motors. They are by far the most durable and fuel efficient of all the pickup diesels out there. They even have the p7100 injection pump on them. I wouldn't touch any of the new diesels at all because of mechanical problems but mainly because of the emisions equipment on them. They are always in the shop and get horrible fuel millage...

Upvote 0
wooden-wagon-wheel-thumb1376195.jpg
I think it's a wheel hub from some sort of wooden spoke wheel simular to the one I have pictured.

Upvote 0
I found another part to it today .pretty confirms it a wheel. I'll post it when I get time . Thanks everybody!! Smart people in here

Upvote 0
I agree with Jeff. Pretty sure it's the hub from a 12 spoke all metal wheel. Could have been on a wagon, cart, mowing machine, plow, etc. etc. thanks for sharing.

I'm not totally sold on it being a hub, but it sure looks like it could be. The old wagon wheel hubs were wood, and there are buggy hubs that are metal, but not exactly like that one. My first guess would be a hub, but just not sure off of what.

Upvote 0
image-55924913.jpg

Well here is tbe rest I dug up. All looking very hubbish to me guys. Good job everybody and thanks!

image-55924913.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back