Heavy cast-iron thingamabob

Bates

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several people that I've asked have said a tub overfill drain cover and I don't think they'd make that out of cast iron you little rusty I think I know what it is but I don't know the name of it so if anyone knows what this thing is called I would be forever indebted 0915181630c.jpg0915181631c-1.jpg0915181635b.jpg

What do you think the tub it was attached to was made from? Hint (Cast Iron)

Upvote 0
I'll go with some sort of drain. Whatever it is it's allergic to water. Nice find.

Upvote 0
I notice that the two mounting holes are elongated meaning that it was adjustable ? I would say it was an eye for a lever, hook, adjuster, etc for a piece of machinery ?

Upvote 0
Yes but there's something white and shiny they put on the tub keep it from rusting it's called? (Hint porcelain)

Upvote 0
I thought it was part of some type of latch but you're right about being adjustable

Upvote 0
When you say tubs I assume you mean bath tubs. The early tubs didn't have drain levers or such. All they had were rubber plugs or what we called stoppers.

Upvote 0
On my property in Central Georgia

Upvote 0
On my property in Central Georgia

I'm thinking .. which is unusual for me .. but I am thinking maybe something along these lines.

Attachments

• temp - latch.jpg
    temp - latch.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back