Hawaiian Color

Thanks. Too bad two awesome dumps, the "Tar Pits" in Honolulu and the Hilo Airport, can no longer be dug. I just wish that I can find a productive and safe site that I don't have to worry about being arrested. Maybe after I retire from the military i'll be a little more of a risk taker - probably not. :angel12:
More color from bruddah "GT" in Hilo.

Aloha
COL Ken

Attachments

• Colors and duplicates.JPG
    Colors and duplicates.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 301
Colonel Ken said:
Thanks. Too bad two awesome dumps, the "Tar Pits" in Honolulu and the Hilo Airport, can no longer be dug. I just wish that I can find a productive and safe site that I don't have to worry about being arrested. Maybe after I retire from the military i'll be a little more of a risk taker - probably not. :angel12:
More color from bruddah "GT" in Hilo.

Aloha
COL Ken
Howzit Ken!
I sure hope Bruddah GT (could it be Glen?) has that cabinet bolted to the wall. Those Hilo earthquakes are brutal. I used to lose half my collection everytime there was a 6+....and the 7.2 really kicked my okole! :'(
Just curious, I recognize all of those awesome sodes except for the one with the orange sticker on it. What is that? :dontknow:
Mahalo,
ST

Sode,

That is part of Glenn's hoard and yes his shelf is secured to the wall. The two marble stoppers on the gin shelf are from the mainland and I think he just placed them there as place holders for what he is missing. I offered to display all of his bottles here on Oahu due to the earthquakes on the Big Island. For some reason he didn't take me up on the offer. ???
Attached is a picture of the "Tar Pit" area back in the late 1800's when the area was the "Red Light" district of Honolulu. :o The ladies of the night would hang out on the porch waiting for customers. Lucky for us the customers drank a lot after their escapades. :hello2:

COL Ken

Howzit Colonial Ken,
:coffee2: Was nice seeing you last night...That's some really nice colored bottles, still need a lime-green and a citron for my collection...Hope to get one from G.T. this coming bottle show...Still trying to find my first sode for the New Year...close...but no cigar...But still trying :thumbsup: ...So far all I came across was a bunch of "slickers" and broken sodes... >:( :( :'( hopefully sooner or later...ALOHA KAZ

Kaz,
Those citron Pacific's are awesome. Give me a call next time you guys go to WL.

JGAS,
I'm am not sure exactly what the Oahu bottles are worth. However, colored Hawaiian bottles are in high demand. Many of the amethyst and smoke colored bottles range between $800 and $1400. Of course it depends on the condition and type of bottle. The amber Hawaiian Soda Works T.H. normally sell around $1000 and the amber Hawaiian HI goes for about $2500
The First Infantry Exchange crown top is about $200-$350. There is a sister bottle, the Post Exchange 1st Inf Schofield BKS that is extremely rare and will definitely fetch a few thousand dollars.
You never know now what a bottle will go for because of eBay. Sometimes some very common bottles sell for ten times the worth. Then everyone thinks that is the cost of the bottle.

Aloha from Paradise
Colonel Ken

Attachments

• Citron and Lime Green Pacific.JPG
    Citron and Lime Green Pacific.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 249

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back