HAS ANYONE EVER LOOKED FOR ARROWHEADS AT NIGHT?

i dont think you have to worry about cotten mouthes, but maybe copperheads

thanks for the video. Tore out beaver dams now waiting for the rain. I am going to try to hunt at night. I'll tell you how it went.Thanks for the video. That is awesome.
thanks

We have started getting a bad meth problem around here. The meth heads will hunt for arrowheads in pitch black nights using nothing more than a small keychain flashlight. Normal humans can't see under these conditions but the meth heads can. They will pick up any and every piece of material they find. They have to have something to do while they are geeking and this is it. Amazing what they find too. I have seen buckets full of points and bits and pieces that the meth heads have picked up over night.

I have never hunted at night and have no desire to do so. I can go to several hundred places and hunt during the day so there is no need for me to hunt during the night.

capgun said:
Not for sure where this question turned into TRESPASSING? But I was wondering if it worked better. I hunt in Tennessee and going in the morning or afternoon is a good way to be shot by a 300 mag. You may be mistaken for a 10 point in the middle of a field. Yes even with orange on. And I also work long hours and by the time I get home it is dark and because I love to look so much I would go in the dark. I heard from one person that it is better than hunting in the daylight. This is why MOLLY not TRESPASSING. LOL Why not give it a shot, with the short days of winter I could hunt all day and all night long. After all the cotton mouths I killed this summer I would love to hunt in the cold snakeless nights. I got tired of those short fat snakes rollin off he bank and chasin me out of the swamps. OK sorry I am fired up because it's cold and I am ready to find some points! :thumbsup:
this is why. Not enough time in the day. I work all day.

capgun said:
capgun said:
Not for sure where this question turned into TRESPASSING? But I was wondering if it worked better. I hunt in Tennessee and going in the morning or afternoon is a good way to be shot by a 300 mag. You may be mistaken for a 10 point in the middle of a field. Yes even with orange on. And I also work long hours and by the time I get home it is dark and because I love to look so much I would go in the dark. I heard from one person that it is better than hunting in the daylight. This is why MOLLY not TRESPASSING. LOL Why not give it a shot, with the short days of winter I could hunt all day and all night long. After all the cotton mouths I killed this summer I would love to hunt in the cold snakeless nights. I got tired of those short fat snakes rollin off he bank and chasin me out of the swamps. OK sorry I am fired up because it's cold and I am ready to find some points! :thumbsup:
this is why. Not enough time in the day. I work all day.
Go on a moon light night, right now is perfect cuzz it's winter time and and we have a full moon. allso try to think about where u can park ur car to where no one will wander why its out there at night...uh i just get some one who i trust to just to drop me off when im doin ninja stuff, cary a cell phone and put on vibrate might want to put in a plastic bagy.. the head light is good but it is allso good for them who are trying to find u, so keep it low key! dig and lissen for the flint when ur blade or what ever u r useing hits it...plan a pick up point and a time frame, plus a real good excuse of why u r out there if u get pulled over on ur why out, have ur driver make a round before he picks u up.. and its not a good idea to go the weekend cuzz folks like to drive back roads and drink at night and farmer jouhn might be out there the next day to feed his cattle..good luck ink-a-lot

Charlie and i went out at 5:00am the other day. I used a headlamp and though we had a great time, we did not find a thing. it was cool watching the sun come up and like someone else said... its great to not have to watch for snakes. Being a guy who does not trust humans though..... I made sure that i had my other little pal with me. Know what I mean? :wink:

I have wondered about this too. The kids and I look for shark teeth on the beach with a flashlight and find three to one over daylight finds. I think following the small light circle forces you to concentrate more on small areas at a time.
It's hard on the eyes, and back, though. I think I will try it once in a good field and see what happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back