Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is entirely the fault of my bride.

Under the Christmas tree in 2019 sat a bounty hunter. 2 hours later, in 30 degree weather, with no previous experience, I'm trying to find targets in my front yard. Haven't stopped swingin' since.

2 Simplexes and 2 Legends later, I've unearthed 10 silver halfs in 4.5 years. 7 Walkers and 3 Franklins.

Today's permission gave up 3 silvers including this beauty. 1918 Walker!!

Blessed beyond merit and thanks for peeking, HH

Attachments

• IMG_1959[1].JPG
    IMG_1959[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1960[1].JPG
    IMG_1960[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1961[1].JPG
    IMG_1961[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 59
Upvote 32

Under the Christmas tree in 2019 sat a bounty hunter. 2 hours later, in 30 degree weather, with no previous experience, I'm trying to find targets in my front yard. Haven't stopped swingin' since.

2 Simplexes and 2 Legends later, I've unearthed 10 silver halfs in 4.5 years. 7 Walkers and 3 Franklins.

Congrats on the big Silver!!! Nice!

You're doing pretty well finding ten silver half dollar coins in that short amount of time. :icon_thumleft:

I would have to go back and look at my collection but I don't think I have that many half dollar coins yet and I've been at this great hobby for 14 years now.

Nice. Haven’t found any halves yet but hopefully someday. Have you used deep target yet and if so has it helped? Seems to have been a boost for me. Can’t say the same for beast mode. Happy hunting.
you will find a walker if you keep swinging in the areas that are at least 80 years old. just loaded 1.15 on both machines but haven't used deep target or beast mode yet. gonna try them out soon. thanks and HH

You're doing pretty well finding ten silver half dollar coins in that short amount of time. :icon_thumleft:

I would have to go back and look at my collection but I don't think I have that many half dollar coins yet and I've been at this great hobby for 14 years now.
thanks and it is a great hobby, makes me feel like a kid hunting crawdads!

Nice going on the Walker, congrats!
They're certainly out there if you luck into the right spots. I'm at 9 Walkers and 2 Benny's in the last 12 months.
thanks and you are crushing it!! thats a lotta halves in the last year, what a blast.

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

You are doing real well :) Thanks for posting :) I am a little curious . Why 2 Simplex's and 2 legends ? did you have issues with them ?

You are doing real well :) Thanks for posting :) I am a little curious . Why 2 Simplex's and 2 legends ? did you have issues with them ?
The first time I got to a site and my battery was dead, I knew a backup was in order (and of course, remembering to charge my battery each time.) So the second Simplex was a backup. Then, the Legend came out and I fell in love with it. The first time I needed my backup, the Simplex seemed inadequate, so I bought another Legend.

Nowadays, I often carry my backup Legend in the tough box of my truck. Along with a spare pinpointer and bag. I rarely need it, but when I do its a real lifesaver.

I also have both Legends set up identically, but one with the LG 24 coil and the other with the LG 30. It makes side by side comparisons over targets quite easy. Thanks for asking Gare.

Something i have done is take an archery hard case and carve out the foam to fit my other detectors ,. All my Deus's have the original Deus cases . you have to protect your equipment

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back