Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a abandoned house in the woods today and found a thin copper piece “W of the W” a Midget car from Rockford ILL and a marble in the same hole and a beautiful Sterling Silver cheese knife. Everything’s from the 1930’s. Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. IMG_1944.JPGIMG_1945.JPGIMG_1946.JPGIMG_1947.JPGIMG_1948.JPGIMG_1949.JPGIMG_1952.JPG

Upvote 22
Sweet! That silver spoon weighs more than all of the silver I've found combined! What the heck is the W of the W thing?

The way of the world sweet finds . Hope you had a nice Christmas I wish I had decent weather I would be out also well the weather doesn't bother me its all that white stuff Thanks for posting your hunt

I’m pretty sure the W of the W piece is “Woodsmen of the World”
I haven’t found any images of your piece, but it’s pretty cool.
Google it, you will see it’s likely spot on

Nice stuff. I have only found 1 marble...ever. Like the spoon. I found a butter knife earlier this year., and a nearly destroyed ca1800 spoon, which I had restored. I'm still surprised we can find silver like this in the ground.

The way of the world sweet finds . Hope you had a nice Christmas I wish I had decent weather I would be out also well the weather doesn't bother me its all that white stuff Thanks for posting your hunt

Thanks A2 Merry Christmas my friend

Thanks Dave appreciate the tip. “W of the W” wasn’t coming up with anything.

Nice stuff. I have only found 1 marble...ever. Like the spoon. I found a butter knife earlier this year., and a nearly destroyed ca1800 spoon, which I had restored. I'm still surprised we can find silver like this in the ground.

Dang smokey 1 marble? Lol I’ve been lucky then I’ve found 6 glass marbles this year and 2 clay. I️ remember thinking “Wow how a marble can light up my life these days”. Lol

I'm sure you are right my friend I just thought I would toss that out there to see if it would stick lol I was looking good for a minute I thought any way Happy Holidays

By the way sweet spoon I have found so many spoons forks and knives no silver ones though

Glad you got out and found a few things. I went out Saturday and found a couple of pennies. Lol. Take care buddy

Rudy

Congratulations on that sweet silver and marble truth.

Marble, little hot rod and silver... yeah man, that’s a sweet hunt. I really like the sterling knife. Somebody was furious when that went missing.

Good luck!

Beautiful cheese knife, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back